RE: BookHippo.uk - Should the newsletter contain extracts?
(Yesterday 03:46 PM)Rosen Trevithick Wrote: Wrote: BookHippo.uk is crying out for more original content. So much of it is blurbs that can be found elsewhere on the web.
I'm considering allowing people to submit extracts of their books, obviously with links to stores.
1. Does this sound like a good idea?
2. Does 200 words sound like enough?
3. Should they be moderated, or is it enough to ask that authors only submit professionally edited work?
4. Would you be prepared to help moderate?
5. Should it be extracts or excerpts?
Thanks for your input.
Yes, sounds like a good idea.
I think the first few paragraphs of a novel would be a good idea, similar to the Look Inside, which usually tells a reader whether or not they are going to like the book.
Not sure about moderating, but if it's just editing for grammar and spelling etc, that shouldn't be a problem.