Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

HELP - how to remove back panel - dropped kindle and right forward button not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline melbourne1977
31 Jul 2012, 10:14 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

HELP - how to remove back panel - dropped kindle and right forward button not working

I dropped my kindle 4 model number D01100 and the right forward page button got dislodged.... want to know if any one knows how to remove the back cover safely and so I can put it back in place?
---
Offline survivalistfictionlover Reading Allegiant - Veronica Roth
31 Jul 2012, 04:42 PM | Post: #2

Book Lover

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: HELP - how to remove back panel

Hiya, Hello
I'm sorry your Kindle was damaged. Kindle Sad As for removing the back panel; I really wouldn't reccomend it. As well as potentially damaging it further, there is also the risk that it will void your warranty. I am not sure whether this is the case with Amazon Kindles but, certainly with other products, if they discover you have removed the casing the warranty is voided. If it were me I would take it into a local Curry's or PC World and see what their view on this is. Alternatively you may be able to find a repair shop that would fix it for you for a cost. If, however; you are determined to do this then the easiest way of removing the back panel I have heard of is to heat said panel with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. Then you would need to pry of the cover taking care not to snap/break it. After this I am not sure how you would fix the page turn button but if it has simply been dislodged I imagine it would be simple to realign. You could also check Youtube to see whether there are any video tutorials that may help with this.
Hope you manage to fix it.
Happy Reading!
Alex Smile
P.S. I feel the need to point out that if you do attempt this then I am not liable for any breakages that you may cause your Kindle as you are choosing to do this against my advice. I'm sure there is no need for this but I guess it's just best to be safe Blush
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. (C.S. Lewis)
Reading Kindle
Offline zx81
01 Aug 2012, 08:32 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: HELP - how to remove back panel

(31 Jul 2012 04:42 PM)survivalistfictionlover Wrote:  Hiya, Hello
I'm sorry your Kindle was damaged. Kindle Sad As for removing the back panel; I really wouldn't reccomend it. As well as potentially damaging it further, there is also the risk that it will void your warranty. I am not sure whether this is the case with Amazon Kindles but, certainly with other products, if they discover you have removed the casing the warranty is voided. If it were me I would take it into a local Curry's or PC World and see what their view on this is. Alternatively you may be able to find a repair shop that would fix it for you for a cost. If, however; you are determined to do this then the easiest way of removing the back panel I have heard of is to heat said panel with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. Then you would need to pry of the cover taking care not to snap/break it. After this I am not sure how you would fix the page turn button but if it has simply been dislodged I imagine it would be simple to realign. You could also check Youtube to see whether there are any video tutorials that may help with this.
Hope you manage to fix it.
Happy Reading!
Alex Smile
P.S. I feel the need to point out that if you do attempt this then I am not liable for any breakages that you may cause your Kindle as you are choosing to do this against my advice. I'm sure there is no need for this but I guess it's just best to be safe Blush
Offline zx81
01 Aug 2012, 08:36 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

RE: HELP - how to remove back panel - dropped kindle

Oops. Sorry for empty reply. "Fastest Finger in the West " ;-)
Check household insurance which often includes accidental damage to computing equipment. But I know Co-op exclude "portable" kit.

Currently Reading:Allegiant - Veronica Roth Last Book I Read:Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns - Lauren Weiseberger Favourite Genres:Survivalist, Chick-lit, Romance and DystopianFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations