Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Slow download

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline LMLANCASTER
20 Jul 2012, 04:15 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Slow download

Why does it take several days for my new purchases to download to my Kindle. 2 days ago I bought (1 click only!!) a couple of books via Amazon. My payment was made immediately, but so far I haven't received the books.

I have bought quite a few books in the past, and have sometimes had to wait several days

Our computer is on all day and every day and the Kindle is switched on on a shelf above it.
---
Offline DashDashDot Reading The Magic of Reality - Richard Dawkins
20 Jul 2012, 04:39 PM | Post: #2

Lazy Lump

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Slow download

I've never had to wait longer than a minute for a book to download, even when I've been on hols in Tenerife using 3G. You DO have wireless turned on on your Kindle? (Sorry if that's an "insulting your intelligence" question! Wink )
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me - CS Lewis Reading Kindle

DashDashDot
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
20 Jul 2012, 05:17 PM | Post: #3

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

When you one clicked - was it from your kindle or from amazon on your computer?
If it was from your computer, was your kindle selected as the "go to" machine?
Have you checked they are not in your archives?
Have you had a look on manage my kindle on amazon to see if they are pending?
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline L K Jay
20 Jul 2012, 05:40 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

I don't know what generation kindle you have but if you go to 'menu' and 'sync' it should update all new items.
Offline winmillp Reading Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay
20 Jul 2012, 06:04 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I can't understand that. I use amazon.es and my books download. As soon as I connect to wi fi .
Reading Kindle enjoying my kindle in sunny Spain
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
21 Jul 2012, 09:46 AM | Post: #6

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

I have never taken more than a minute for books to download either. You say your Kindle is switched on all day and every day, but does it not go to sleep if you don't use it? I know mine does.
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up

Currently Reading:The Magic of Reality - Richard Dawkins Last Book I Read:A Song of Fire & Ice books (again) - George RR Martin Favourite Genres:Crime, Fantasy, Science, Reference
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay Last Book I Read:Carressed by Ice. by Nalini Singh Favourite Genres:Historical and paranormal romance , Thrillers Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations