Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Welcome to the UK Kindle Users Book Club

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Jaxom Reading 33AD, The Time Hunters and Immortal
05 Sep 2010, 05:56 PM | Post: #1

Posting Freak

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Welcome to the UK Kindle Users Book Club

This post was last modified: 05 Sep 2010 10:32 PM by Lou.
Welcome to the UK Kindle Users Book Club.

Please see the threads for this months current book suggestion/selection poll and the chat thread for the book being discussed this month.

Please keep cost in mind when suggesting books. Try to keep suggestions under £5. Free to download books may prove to be the largest reason for specific suggestions getting more votes over downloads that need to be paid for. If a book has two options, as in a paid version and a free version then it will be up to you to choose which one you go for.

The main aim of the Book Club is enjoyment. So tell your friends and start joining in.

Please post any questions about the Book Club in this thread and we will try to help.

Please note that in order to put forward suggestions and to vote in the polls, you need to be an active member of KUF. Any votes that don't comply with these rules will automatically be discounted.

Looking forward to reading together
Offline holly Reading
05 Jan 2011, 09:09 AM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Welcome to the UK Kindle Users Book Club

im new to this fourm and i was worndering how you tell what book is chosen is it writen in a certen place and when do the the month start for the next reading club book sorry if i sound confussed but well im new lolHuh
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
05 Jan 2011, 10:25 AM | Post: #3

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(05 Jan 2011 09:09 AM)holly Wrote:  im new to this fourm and i was worndering how you tell what book is chosen is it writen in a certen place and when do the the month start for the next reading club book sorry if i sound confussed but well im new lolHuh

Holly, every month members of the forum can suggest a book/books they would like to be the bookclub book for the following month. If you have any suggestions, put them on the thread for Suggestions for books to read in February, or if you see a book suggested by another member on there that you would like, then you can say so on the thread. At the end of the month, a Poll will be posted with the books that appear to be the most popular. You can then vote in the Poll.

At the beginning of each month, a thread will be put up to discuss the winning book - currently Room. The book which has received the most votes for reading in January is In Praise of Savagery, which you can get very cheaply at Amazon.

Having written all this, I think Jaxom has already put a thread up on the Book Club Forum explaining how it works!

http://www.kuforum.co.uk...

Hope you will take part in the discussions. Smile
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline holly Reading
05 Jan 2011, 11:16 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

that much clearer thanks foe your help Clapping hands
26 Mar 2011, 08:19 AM | Post: #5

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Update to Bookclub post

Please see updated post at the top of this thread.
Offline Jaxom Reading 33AD, The Time Hunters and Immortal
26 Mar 2011, 12:05 PM | Post: #6

Posting Freak

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Just looked at this month’s poll for April's book choice and there are some very good books to choose from. I hope all members will join in and take a vote. You get a month to read the chosen book so it’s enjoyable and easy to be a part of.
[Image: Angifts.gif] Is this my Kindle?
Offline squaredog
23 Jan 2012, 07:45 PM | Post: #7

Thanked 0 times

Newbie here.......

Sounds fun! Clapping hands

(Sorry, confused a little over the 'winning' book and the book with most votes.......previous entry?)

Looking at the date now, not sure that I've time to catch up with January's, if not, I'll join you in February.

Exciting Groovy
---
Offline Stu Ayris Reading All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
23 Jan 2012, 07:49 PM | Post: #8

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

(23 Jan 2012 07:45 PM)squaredog Wrote:  Newbie here.......

(Sorry, confused a little over the 'winning' book and the book with most votes.......previous entry?)

Looking at the date now, not sure that I've time to catch up with January's, if not, I'll join you in February.

Exciting Groovy

Welcome!! Try this http://www.kuforum.co.uk...

Thumbs Up
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
23 Jan 2012, 08:53 PM | Post: #9

Hedgehog

Thanked 222 times

What I Read

Don't forget. Discussions never end, so if you fancy a previous month's book, go read it and revive the discussion.

Here is a list of previous month's choices http://www.kuforum.co.uk...
Hedgehogs are waking up now, so put some water and seeds out for them, they'll reward you with a calling card.  
While you are at it, water and feed the birds too. Thumbs Up And come and talk about it at GardenWildlifeUK
24 Jan 2012, 10:09 AM | Post: #10

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(23 Jan 2012 07:45 PM)squaredog Wrote:  Newbie here.......

Exciting Groovy

Look forward to you joining, squaredog. You won't be able to vote yet, being a very new newbie, but you can certainly take part in the discussions. We have some fantastic books in this month's poll and I plan on reading all of them anyway! (I have already read 4 of them).

Currently Reading:33AD, The Time Hunters and Immortal Last Book I Read:tigers and devils Favourite Genres:Sci Fi & Fantasy
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read:kaitlins silver lining by ciara gold Favourite Genres:romance
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy Last Book I Read:A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield Favourite Genres:Literary FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations