Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Serial Returner...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Scribbler Reading TBR list - I hate you!
15 Jun 2012, 06:21 PM | Post: #1

I'm not really a duck

Thanked 699 times

What I Read

Serial Returner...

This post was last modified: 15 Jun 2012 06:24 PM by Scribbler.
I was pleased when my little 'unicorn' story jumped 344,895 places a couple of days ago. It was my first sale for this story, and that alone had catapulted it up to #22,888. I was soon deflated when I logged into my KDP thingy only to find out it had been returned! The following day my other two short stories both got a sale each - only to be returned! The pessimist in me deduces that this is possibly the same person who returned my unicorn story, in other words... a serial returner, or am I deluded?
Scribbler's scribblings:
 Amazon Author Page

Offline @ngel Reading Visualize This
15 Jun 2012, 06:25 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Serial Returner...

why would someone return an ebook? That stupid...
Offline TresaC Reading Submissions! A N Other
15 Jun 2012, 06:31 PM | Post: #3

Accidental Publisher

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(15 Jun 2012 06:25 PM)@ngel Wrote:  why would someone return an ebook? That stupid...

Some people are stupid!

Don't worry Scribbler, the theory is you get about 1% of sales returned. Yes, I know it still hurts but it happens to all of us.

Sometimes they hit the one click button, other times I think it happens if they bought it the day before a free promo. Others are just unexplained. Don't worry too much. : (
Offline Jennie Lee Reading Course notes for Pilates Teacher Training
16 Jun 2012, 02:32 AM | Post: #4

Aussie Kiwi

Thanked 156 times

What I Read

Newbie as I was, I emailed Amazon after my first return asking if there was something wrong with the way I presented the book Rolleyes

Now I know that there are many reasons for returns, including people cashing in so that they can get their next book free of charge. I think Amazon should allow three days rather than seven.

My returns happen mainly with my collection of flash fiction short stories. They can be read within an hour or two so some people would cash their copy in so that they've got 77 pence up their sleeve for something else!

Sad but I've heard it's true.
Jennie's Website

[Image: 51XG2UNKzFL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51odD7YudkL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61wVrKkiTaL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61071hCtWXL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51IlO6c3bpL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61KsWLjj9rL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hyuXTcVUL._SL95.jpg][Image: 41J-kkf3cQL._SL95.jpg]
Breathe, Relax, Read.
16 Jun 2012, 11:27 AM | Post: #5

I'm not really a duck

Thanked 699 times

What I Read

Thanks @ngel, TresaC, and Jennie - seems like returns are all part of the self-publishing experience.
Scribbler's scribblings:
 Amazon Author Page

Offline TresaC Reading Submissions! A N Other
16 Jun 2012, 12:32 PM | Post: #6

Accidental Publisher

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(16 Jun 2012 11:27 AM)Scribbler Wrote:  Thanks @ngel, TresaC, and Jennie - seems like returns are all part of the self-publishing experience.

It sure its! But at least you are not experiencing it alone. There a lot of us in the same club! Smile
Offline LexiRevellian Reading A book which I have forgotten to add here
16 Jun 2012, 12:33 PM | Post: #7

Keen kuffer

Thanked 71 times

What I Read

Scribbler, it could be that you aren't laying out your dialogue in the usual way, with each person's speech in a new paragraph. In the Unicorn story, there is some wrong capitalization too. This is enough to put off many readers, however good the story.
Lexi
website
[/url] [Image: 51WwAD9NMtL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51da-%2BYkhRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iBX4NnxoL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41UMQk6bFIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51qTzauJb7L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51tzp0Z0gmL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51gPJw7MmjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 611cl4LH%2BqL._SL95.jpg]
16 Jun 2012, 01:19 PM | Post: #8

I'm not really a duck

Thanked 699 times

What I Read

Thanks Lexi, will have a look at my story.
Scribbler's scribblings:
 Amazon Author Page

Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
16 Jun 2012, 10:42 PM | Post: #9

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

I get returns all the time. I've had 25 UK returns so far this month. They're particularly common just after a book has come off free. What's counted as a return isn't necessarily the same as what we'd call a return. In my mind, a return is where a dissatisfied customer demands their money back. In Kindle terms, it can be a wide variety of things. I've 'returned' books by accident before without even realising that I'd bought them!
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]
17 Jun 2012, 04:15 PM | Post: #10

I'm not really a duck

Thanked 699 times

What I Read

"I've 'returned' books by accident before without even realising that I'd bought them!" So, it was you! My serial returner 'confesses' live on KUF. Rosen, how could you?
.gif  grin.gif (Size: 5.99 KB / Downloads: 10)
Scribbler's scribblings:
 Amazon Author Page

Currently Reading:TBR list - I hate you! Last Book I Read:Maureen Goes to Venice by Jonathan Hill Favourite Genres:Anything with biker chicks... and unicorns.
Currently Reading:Visualize This Last Book I Read:Models and Methods in Social Network Analysis Favourite Genres:Science
Currently Reading:Submissions! A N Other Last Book I Read:Conversations in the Abyss by Michael Brookes Favourite Genres:Thought provoking fiction/biographies of adventurous people
Currently Reading:Course notes for Pilates Teacher Training Last Book I Read:Tell Me I'm Here - Anne Deveson Favourite Genres:Historical, mystery, suspense, drama, romance
Currently Reading:A book which I have forgotten to add here Last Book I Read:Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child Favourite Genres:Commercial FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Comedy; Crime, thrillers and mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations