Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Fifty Shades author appoints licensing agent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline leep
15 Jun 2012, 06:52 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 15 times

Fifty Shades author appoints licensing agent

http://www.theatlanticwire.com...

"This week it was announced that Caroline Mickler Limited had been appointed the "master licensing agent" for the Fifty Shades trilogy. This means that down the road, we may get a whole string of book-branded paraphernalia, like sleepwear, lingerie, perfume, beauty products, bedding, stationary, adult products, home furnishings, and even jewelry."

So aside from an example self-published success it could spell a change in publishing, with more titles branches out into other revenue streams (and with the costs of books diving it may be just what authors need).
[Image: 41b1WpC7L5L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41ibvqKEBFL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51XqLx%2BhxIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51g%2BiINoLAL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51bOIIJsknL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 6117LLScjrL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41H6AeNw4QL._SL95_.jpg]
Offline ElaineG Reading Standers by Dale Brumfield
15 Jun 2012, 07:03 AM | Post: #2

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 32 times

What I Read

RE: Fifty Shades author appoints licensing agent

(15 Jun 2012 06:52 AM)leep Wrote:  http://www.theatlanticwire.com...

"This week it was announced that Caroline Mickler Limited had been appointed the "master licensing agent" for the Fifty Shades trilogy. This means that down the road, we may get a whole string of book-branded paraphernalia, like sleepwear, lingerie, perfume, beauty products, bedding, stationary, adult products, home furnishings, and even jewelry."

So aside from an example self-published success it could spell a change in publishing, with more titles branches out into other revenue streams (and with the costs of books diving it may be just what authors need).

I have only read reviews and feel I don't actually have to read the book now, but I suppose there will be a Fifty Shades range of condoms?
Offline davidwailing Reading
15 Jun 2012, 07:18 AM | Post: #3

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

Elaine, I'm stealing your idea. I so want to sell a range of Bang condoms...

Big Grin
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline ElaineG Reading Standers by Dale Brumfield
15 Jun 2012, 07:25 AM | Post: #4

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 32 times

What I Read

(15 Jun 2012 07:18 AM)davidwailing Wrote:  Elaine, I'm stealing your idea. I so want to sell a range of Bang condoms...

Big Grin

LOL can i have commission please Big Grin
Offline LindaGruchy Reading The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord
15 Jun 2012, 07:26 AM | Post: #5

Queen of the Typos

Thanked 41 times

What I Read

David the Rubber Baron. Smile
Offline davidwailing Reading
15 Jun 2012, 07:30 AM | Post: #6

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

(15 Jun 2012 07:25 AM)ElaineG Wrote:  
(15 Jun 2012 07:18 AM)davidwailing Wrote:  Elaine, I'm stealing your idea. I so want to sell a range of Bang condoms...

Big Grin

LOL can i have commission please Big Grin

Yes and a lifetime's supply of free samples! Wink
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
15 Jun 2012, 07:33 AM | Post: #7

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Have any of you actually read the books? There are over 1,000 reviews on Amazon, but an awful lot of 1 stars amongst them. I had a quick Look Inside, - it didn't seem very well written, but maybe that's not why people buy it!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline TresaC Reading Submissions! A N Other
15 Jun 2012, 08:58 AM | Post: #8

Accidental Publisher

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(15 Jun 2012 07:33 AM)Susanne Wrote:  Have any of you actually read the books? There are over 1,000 reviews on Amazon, but an awful lot of 1 stars amongst them. I had a quick Look Inside, - it didn't seem very well written, but maybe that's not why people buy it!

I did the 'look inside too' bit repetitive isn't it? Anything that gets people talking about books is great but I do think this one is a bit of 'right time, right place' (good luck to any author that happens to, though.)

For something that started as a bit of fan fiction from Twilight, I guess it gives hope to all of us.Wink

Joking apart, I encourage all of you to get your book cover in all sorts of places, there are so many opportunities for relatively cheap printing out there. Mugs, notebooks, book marks, postcards and more. It can be as out there as you like. I use them for reader offers, prizes or with press releases. (Just make sure you either own the cover or have permission from the designer before you put it everywhere.)

With my tree books, I always try and include postcards (if possible signed) of that book or of my other titles. Cheap, simple and keeps the customers happy.

PS David, May I be your licensing agent? Do you think Vistaprint do condoms? My brain never stops thinking so I am sure I could create a string of Bang merchandise! hee hee. Blush
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
15 Jun 2012, 10:01 AM | Post: #9

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Put 4 condoms in a pack and sell it for a dollar in the States. Then you could use the tagline 'More Bang for Your Buck'! Big Grin

Seriously, why is it so often the crappily written stuff that does so well? Makes me wonder if the constant struggle to improve my writing is worth while. *Sigh* (And yes, I know it is.)
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline TresaC Reading Submissions! A N Other
15 Jun 2012, 10:20 AM | Post: #10

Accidental Publisher

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(15 Jun 2012 10:01 AM)lyndawrites Wrote:  Put 4 condoms in a pack and sell it for a dollar in the States. Then you could use the tagline 'More Bang for Your Buck'! Big Grin

Seriously, why is it so often the crappily written stuff that does so well? Makes me wonder if the constant struggle to improve my writing is worth while. *Sigh* (And yes, I know it is.)

I know Lynda, isn't it frustrating? There is so much fabulous work out there and a book that has the heroine uttering 'Oh My' at crucial moments in a scene (if you get my meaning!) sells millions.

We live in a media obsessed, spoon fed world and there are a lot of sheep out there. Perhaps the truest tale ever written was The Emperor's New Clothes?

Currently Reading:Standers by Dale Brumfield Last Book I Read:The Twelfth Child by Bette Lee Crosby Favourite Genres:Anything with a damn good story (apart from spy thrillers)!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord Last Book I Read:Fake Kate Favourite Genres:crime. women's fiction
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Submissions! A N Other Last Book I Read:Conversations in the Abyss by Michael Brookes Favourite Genres:Thought provoking fiction/biographies of adventurous people
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery