Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Live Chat with Bob and Carol Bridgestock on Wed 30th May @ 8.00 UK Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
21 May 2012, 01:32 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Live Chat with Bob and Carol Bridgestock on Wed 30th May @ 8.00 UK Time

Hot on the heels of our last live chat, this time Bob and Carol Bridgestock have kindle voluteered to answer your questions.

Carol and Bob have are best known for their crime novels Deadly Focus and Consequences which feature Inspector Jack Dylan. They will also soon be appearing on ITV.

If you would like to learn more about their work and how their experience of the real Police force has influenced their writing please come along and join the live chat. All you will need is your web browser and to be logged in to your forum account. If you haven't yet joined the forum, you can create a free account here : http://www.kuforum.co.uk...

The live chat will take place on Wednesday 30th May @ 8.00pm UK time. To launch the chat, click the link below.

Open Live Chat

About Carol and Bob Bridgestock

[Image: rc-20120521-152520.jpg]

Carol and Bob Bridgestock were both born and lived in West Yorkshire until they relocated to the Isle of Wight in 2003. Between them they have 47years employment with the police, Carol being a member of the Civilian support staff and Bob being a Police Officer. They never had any inclinations to become authors, but others found their verbal stories thrilling which led them to put pen to paper.

Bob was born in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire in 1952. He left Grammar School at the age of 15, served an apprenticeship as a Butcher then spent two years in a dye works before joining the police force on the 28th January 1974. In 1981 he was awarded the much acclaimed ‘Denis Hoban Trophy’ for outstanding detective work. On retirement he received a Certificate of Loyal Service from West Yorkshire Police in appreciation and recognition of 30years ‘Loyal and Devoted Service to the Community’. As a career detective he worked in the CID at every rank. For over half of his service he was a senior detective, retiring at the rank of Detective Superintendent. As a Senior Investigative Officer (SIO) in charge of homicide cases he took command of some twenty-six murder investigations, twenty- three major incidents including shootings and attempted murders and over fifty suspicious deaths and numerous sexual assaults, some of which were extremely high profile in his last three years alone. He received numerous commendations from high court judges and chief constables who credit him with personal commitment and professionalism, expertise and diligence as well as competence with skilful leadership in sensitive, complex high profile cases with the subsequent presentation of compelling evidence. He was a Force Hostage Negotiator and was also commended for his work into the investigation of a protracted, high profile investigation of police corruption in another police force.

Carol was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire in 1961. She left Grammar School at the age of 16 and went on to study hairdressing at college. At the age of twenty she was running her own successful salon as well as teaching at the college. In 1988 Carol commenced working for the Police as a member of the support staff in the administration department. As a supervisor she received a Chief Constable’s commendation for outstanding work for her determination and drive creating a poster competition for an Autumn Fall Crime Initiative involving local schools.

She always knew Bob could tell a good story because of the experiences he had had in his life but her nagging fell on deaf ears until in 2008 when out of the blue he enrolled them on a college course to 'Write Your First Novel’. Carol is the Chairperson of Wight Fair Writers' Circle which developed from that course and involves the community in writing competitions for all ages http://www.iowwritingcircle.co.uk

Their first novel, Deadly Focus, was self published in 2009. In June 2011 this was re published by Caffeine Nights Publisher when they gave the couple a contract for at least five books in a 'DI Dylan' crime fiction series. 'Consequences' was launched in April 2012. The third book is with the publisher, the fourth under going a re-write before submission and the fifth being written at this time - April 2012.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
21 May 2012, 02:49 PM | Post: #2

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

RE: Live Chat with Bob and Carol Bridgestock on Wed 30th May @ 8.00 UK Time

I'd love to be there - the previous Live Author Chats have been great fun - but I shall be otherwise engaged on Lake Garda! Smile

I do hope you get a good crowd in! Smile
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline davidwailing Reading The Atholl Expedition by Alex Roddie
21 May 2012, 09:08 PM | Post: #3

Auto

Thanked 267 times

What I Read

I will do my best to be there! Where I can confess publically that I hadn't realised R C Bridgestock was two separate people...

Blush
[Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51yKbM97VgL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51bOIIJsknL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51ZjjH2Tn9L._SL95.jpg] 

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Hiya!

Yes most people think that RC Bridgestock is one person, epecially since Bob is obviously Robert! Tongue But R C stands for Robert & Carol Bridgestock.

It would be great to see you there on Wednesday 30th! Looking forward to it!

Wishing we could buy you all a drink but guess this will have to do! Wine1

Carol & Bob Groovy
RC Bridgestock
Husband and wife co-authors of crime fiction with authenticity...
Between us we have 47 years police experience.
http://www.rcbridgestock.com

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(21 May 2012 02:49 PM)Susanne Wrote:  I'd love to be there - the previous Live Author Chats have been great fun - but I shall be otherwise engaged on Lake Garda! Smile

I do hope you get a good crowd in! Smile

Hey, Susanne! A holiday is no excuse! LOL Have a good one! Thumbs Up
RC Bridgestock

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Looking forward to our live chat tomorrow night at 8pm! Bob says that if any authors out there, had any crime related questions they wanted to ask him relating to police work, crime scenes, procedure, please feel free to join in and ask away!Thumbs Up
RC Bridgestock
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
30 May 2012, 03:26 PM | Post: #7

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Don't forget tonight folks !!
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Andy Barrett Reading The Game of Thrones
30 May 2012, 06:20 PM | Post: #8

Master of Delusion

Thanked 43 times

What I Read

I won't be able to make this (going out now), but I wish I could!

All the best to you, Bob, hope you have a great evening.

Andy

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(30 May 2012 06:20 PM)Andy Barrett Wrote:  I won't be able to make this (going out now), but I wish I could!

All the best to you, Bob, hope you have a great evening.

Andy

Thanks Andy! Just got your e mail! Great to see you here! Smile
RC Bridgestock
Offline Deborah Henry
30 May 2012, 06:54 PM | Post: #10

Thanked 0 times

Hi UK! I live in CT and NYC but am glad to join the discussion.
You can check out http://www.deborahhenryauthor.com/
Wink

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

---

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Atholl Expedition by Alex Roddie Last Book I Read:21st Century Dodos by Steve Stack Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Manuscript for Books 5/6 & 7 in the DI Dylan series Last Book I Read:Snow Kills - RC Bridgestock Favourite Genres:Crime/Thriller/British Detective/Police Procedurals
Currently Reading:The Game of Thrones Last Book I Read:Broken Dolls by James Carol Favourite Genres:Crime, thrillers, action, fantasyFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations