Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Books disappearing from Amazon Top 100

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
16 Nov 2010, 04:20 PM | Post: #1

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Books disappearing from Amazon Top 100

A lot of the books on the Amazon Top 100 in the paid section are now unavailable, especially the more expensive ones! What's happening? Anybody know? Huh
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Denisebrum Reading The House at Riverton
16 Nov 2010, 04:22 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Books disappearing from Amazon Top 100

I've just been looking. It looks like something to do withg the Agency priced books. Still, I've plenty to keep me going for the next few months, so not too worried!
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
16 Nov 2010, 04:26 PM | Post: #3

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(16 Nov 2010 04:22 PM)Denisebrum Wrote:  I've just been looking. It looks like something to do withg the Agency priced books. Still, I've plenty to keep me going for the next few months, so not too worried!

I'm not worried, have plenty of books too, just wondering whether Amazon have decided that it would be in their best interest to protest about agenzy pricing, they must already be feeling the effect of people not buying as much.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline fifi29 Reading Killing Cupid - Mark Edwards and Louise Voss
16 Nov 2010, 08:10 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(16 Nov 2010 04:26 PM)Susanne Wrote:  
(16 Nov 2010 04:22 PM)Denisebrum Wrote:  I've just been looking. It looks like something to do withg the Agency priced books. Still, I've plenty to keep me going for the next few months, so not too worried!

I'm not worried, have plenty of books too, just wondering whether Amazon have decided that it would be in their best interest to protest about agenzy pricing, they must already be feeling the effect of people not buying as much.

I'd noticed that the Chris Evans book ("It's not what it seems") I bought had disappeared. I was looking to compare sites, and it isn't available anywhere as an ebook at the mo (or last time I looked anyway).
I've got enough books to keep me going till next year, so not worried really, but just got an amazon voucher as a birthday present and was looking to spend it!
Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
Henry Ward Beecher (1813 - 1887)
Offline Margaret Lake Reading Matchmaker 2.0
16 Nov 2010, 08:32 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(16 Nov 2010 04:26 PM)Susanne Wrote:  

It didn't work in the U.S., so I doubt if it will work here. The Big Guys have enough money to wait us out. Penguin books were off the shelves for weeks until Amazon had to come to an agreement with them.

We know about this mess, but most of the general buying public don't and probably a lot of them don't care. These are the people that buy the hardcover of the NYT Bestsellers the minute they come out. They'll continue those buying habits even with ebooks.

I'm not saying give up. I'm just saying our protest will be a long haul.

M
Historical Fiction/Romance by Margaret Lake http://www.tinyurl.com/malakeuk
Ariana's Pride
Catherine and the Captain
Listen to Your Heart
Of Love and War a novelette
Only In My Dreams a novelette
Sweet Savage Charity a novelette
Offline cailean68 Reading The Measure of Magic by Terry Brooks
16 Nov 2010, 11:44 PM | Post: #6

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

It's definitely weird the missing books....
Offline fifi29 Reading Killing Cupid - Mark Edwards and Louise Voss
17 Nov 2010, 08:46 PM | Post: #7

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I have also noticed that the reviews of books given 1 star, because people were protesting about the price, have disappeared. Curiouser and curiouser!
Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
Henry Ward Beecher (1813 - 1887)

Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The House at Riverton Last Book I Read:Dear Fatty Favourite Genres:
Currently Reading:Killing Cupid - Mark Edwards and Louise Voss Last Book I Read:How To Dump Your Boyfriend in the Mens Room.. - Sibel Hodge Favourite Genres:Anything and EverythingFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Matchmaker 2.0 Last Book I Read:Borrowed Time by M.A. Miller Favourite Genres:mystery, historical fiction, historical romance
Currently Reading:The Measure of Magic by Terry Brooks Last Book I Read:Snuff by Terry Pratchett Favourite Genres:Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Thriller