Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Back from being MIA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Trace Reading
30 Apr 2012, 08:52 AM | Post: #1

Veteran Member

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Wink Back from being MIA

Hi all,
I haven't been ignoring you but I got in a very nasty head-on collision and have spent the past few months in hospital having some surgery for a couple of quite serious internal injuries and doing physio to learn how to walk again after breaking both legs, one in two places. It's been a rough and rocky road but I'm almost 100% again and home with my darling husband and my wonderful fur family - being waited on hand and foot actually Wink

Made a bit of a mess up with the new book The Isles of Dread so I'll have to go back and do some editing and changing things around a bit so it flows smoother and the crucial scene I just wrote fits better. Still, at least I caught the mistake and can fix it well before publication. Really looking forward to releasing this new series but I'm working really hard to make sure I get it right.

Hope all my friends in the UK are well and happy,
Talk soon,
Trace
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
30 Apr 2012, 08:58 AM | Post: #2

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

RE: Back from being MIA

Dreadful news on the accident but good to hear you are recovering.
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
30 Apr 2012, 09:12 AM | Post: #3

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are making a good recovery now. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline LindaGruchy Reading The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord
30 Apr 2012, 09:20 AM | Post: #4

Queen of the Typos

Thanked 41 times

What I Read

Awful for you. Glad to have you back.
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
30 Apr 2012, 09:27 AM | Post: #5

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Welcome back, Trace. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
30 Apr 2012, 10:49 AM | Post: #6

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Yow! Sorry to hear about that Trace. Glad to hear you're recovering well.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
30 Apr 2012, 03:28 PM | Post: #7

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Hi Trace and good to hear from you again. That sounds like a horrendous crash, I'm glad you are slowly getting back to normal. You've had a pretty bad year or two. I think you are due for some good luck now! Smile
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Talli Roland Reading
30 Apr 2012, 06:42 PM | Post: #8

Posting Freak

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 30 Apr 2012 06:42 PM by Talli Roland.
Trace! Good to hear from you, and I'm sorry to hear of your ordeal... but very happy you're recovering. Smile Take care of yourself!
Offline Trace Reading
22 May 2012, 02:21 AM | Post: #9

Veteran Member

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes. Thanks

I've been pretty busy lately with physio [will probably need another month or so of that] and working on a compilation of short stories.

I'd hit a bit of a mental road block on the new fantasy series I'm working on so I decided I'd change tack for a while and try and get back, first into the routine of writing, and second into the world of Kaynos I'd created.

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, Crime/Thriller, Mystery, Comedy
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord Last Book I Read:Fake Kate Favourite Genres:crime. women's fiction
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Commercial fiction