Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Just saying hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline sailorladd Reading
22 Apr 2012, 04:16 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Big Grin just saying hello

You can tell I have just joined as I couldn't figure out how to say hello on the hello page... to be sure to be sure... Anyway I live and love in Hawaii, Kauai actually and it is spring/summer now and a more beautiful place to be I am not aware of...

I joined this forum to introduce my first published book on amazon's Kindle. It is about how, when I was a young lad of 20, I decided to fulfill a dream of building a sailboat (in South Africa where I was born) and sailing around the world. It was a tall order, and I did not realize just how tall!!! Smile but with the help from my lovely wife, we built 'Deja vu' and sailed around the world with lots of fabulous adventures, thrills and spills, terrifying storms and idyllic sailingHello days, complete with several color photos, You gotta read it! Smile the link is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070F2TL6 and it is called Days of Deja vu by Jonathan Reid
Thanks for reading,
Sailorladd
Offline AnneBrooke Reading The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
22 Apr 2012, 05:18 PM | Post: #2

Chocoholic and Caffeine addict

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

RE: just saying hello

Hello, Sailorladd - welcome to the forum and many congratulations on the book! Smile
Anne Brooke: lost in a good book
The Gathandrian Fantasy Trilogy for mind-reading and mystery
Gay Reads UK for gay fiction
Lori Olding for children's fiction
Offline sailorladd Reading
22 Apr 2012, 05:21 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(22 Apr 2012 05:18 PM)AnneBrooke Wrote:  Hello, Sailorladd - welcome to the forum and many congratulations on the book! Smile
Thanks Anne! Smile
Offline martin2020 Reading The Crooked House by Roy Segal
22 Apr 2012, 06:27 PM | Post: #4

Official KUF eBook Reviewer

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Welcome sailorladd.
I went to Kauai in 2004 and stayed near Princeville. You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Hope your book is successful, I'll take a look.
Regards
Martin
(22 Apr 2012 04:16 PM)sailorladd Wrote:  You can tell I have just joined as I couldn't figure out how to say hello on the hello page... to be sure to be sure... Anyway I live and love in Hawaii, Kauai actually and it is spring/summer now and a more beautiful place to be I am not aware of...

I joined this forum to introduce my first published book on amazon's Kindle. It is about how, when I was a young lad of 20, I decided to fulfill a dream of building a sailboat (in South Africa where I was born) and sailing around the world. It was a tall order, and I did not realize just how tall!!! Smile but with the help from my lovely wife, we built 'Deja vu' and sailed around the world with lots of fabulous adventures, thrills and spills, terrifying storms and idyllic sailingHello days, complete with several color photos, You gotta read it! Smile the link is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070F2TL6 and it is called Days of Deja vu by Jonathan Reid
Thanks for reading,
Sailorladd
Offline Paula R C Reading S.J Bolton: Sacrifice
22 Apr 2012, 06:33 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Wow, that was a tall order! well done you. Good Luck with your book, SailorLadd And best wishes to you and your wife.
You can also find me hanging around my blog: http://darkfantasy13writer.blogspot.co.uk/
The Meetings By Paula R C Readman

I think I may boast myself to be, with all possible vanity, the most unlearned and uninformed female who ever dared to be an authoress [Jane Austen, letter 11th December 1815]
Offline Cathy Reading travels in Elysium by William Azuski
22 Apr 2012, 06:50 PM | Post: #6

Thanked 6 times

What I Read

Your book sounds very exciting. Good luck with it.

Cathy
Offline LindaGruchy Reading The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord
22 Apr 2012, 10:36 PM | Post: #7

Queen of the Typos

Thanked 36 times

What I Read

Sounds like an amazing achievement. Well done and welcome.
Offline carlashmore
23 Apr 2012, 07:44 AM | Post: #8

Author of 'The Time Hunters' series

Thanked 0 times

Welcome to the Forum Smile
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
23 Apr 2012, 11:23 AM | Post: #9

Super Moderator

Thanked 129 times

What I Read

Hello and welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. Smile

You sound like you have had am amazing life, building a boat at that age must have been very satisfying, and a good achievement. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline Amanda Leigh Cowley Reading A Real Boy by Christopher Stevens
23 Apr 2012, 01:10 PM | Post: #10

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Hi there, Sailorladd,

Wow - sounds like you've had one hell of an adventure, and landed at a pretty good destination to sit back and reflect.

Congratulations on the book and best of luck with it Smile
[Image: 51Jw%2B84-6YL._SL160_.jpg] Soul Protector
A refreshingly different Paranormal Romance

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:sailing, non fiction, adventure
Currently Reading:The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz Last Book I Read:Hidden by Katy Gardner Favourite Genres:thrillers, crime, gay fiction, women's fiction, fantasyFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Crooked House by Roy Segal Last Book I Read:The power behind the throne by S K Nicholl Favourite Genres:Crime and ThrillerFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:S.J Bolton: Sacrifice Last Book I Read:Blood Harvest S J Bolton Favourite Genres:Dark Fantasy, Crime, and just about anything.
Currently Reading:travels in Elysium by William Azuski Last Book I Read:Conversations in the Abyss by Michael Brookes Favourite Genres:Literary,Historical, Crime,ThrillerFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord Last Book I Read:Fake Kate Favourite Genres:crime. women's fiction
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A Real Boy by Christopher Stevens Last Book I Read:Chocolate Girls by Annie Murray Favourite Genres:Paranormal, Romance, Literary, ChickLit, YA, ThrillerFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations