Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

At last! I have a Kindle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
15 Apr 2012, 10:54 AM | Post: #1

Comma Abuser

Thanked 103 times

What I Read

At last! I have a Kindle

After months of saving, I've at last got my mitts on my very own Kindle Clapping hands And the first book I downloaded was . . . drumroll, please . . . Crime in the Community by Cecilia Peartree. I'm looking forward to reading it and buying more of my fellow KUF author's books.

I can't believe that I'm at last the proud owner of a Kindle 4. Now I just have to work out how to get my own work on it.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: At last! I have a Kindle

Congratulations on your new Kindle. Here's a free short story for it: The Wheel of Justice.
Enjoy, Stephen Livingston.
Offline cecilia_writer Reading The Chocolate Egg Murders by David W, Robinson
15 Apr 2012, 11:02 AM | Post: #3

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

Oh, what a coincidence, Lynda - my sons have just given me a Kindle for my birthday.
Thanks very much for downloading Crime in the Community - hope you like it! My first downloads have included 'In the Blood' and 'Life... with no breaks' so obviously this forum has a lot to answer for! (and Joo's interrogations)
Actually I've already discovered something I hadn't really expected, which was that I like having lots of different novels at my fingertips so that I don't even have to walk over to the bookcase or go out to the library to choose one. I can see my lifestyle is due to get even more unhealthy!
[Image: 51J0%2BT-LTfL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51K8-HuETSL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51YpqGWdwgL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51%2Bkvr3dCwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 510SJwAwUxL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51FBLv-C5kL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51HTHJGCN6L._SL95.jpg][Image: 61DsyMW96CL._SL95.jpg]
Offline AnneBrooke Reading The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
15 Apr 2012, 11:15 AM | Post: #4

Chocoholic and Caffeine addict

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

Congratulations to you both, and enjoy your new possession!! Smile
Anne Brooke: lost in a good book
The Gathandrian Fantasy Trilogy for mind-reading and mystery
Gay Reads UK for gay fiction
Lori Olding for children's fiction
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
15 Apr 2012, 12:31 PM | Post: #5

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Congrats Smile Enjoy your Kindles
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Talli Roland Reading
15 Apr 2012, 12:46 PM | Post: #6

Posting Freak

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

Yay Lynda! I love my Kindle. Enjoy yours!
Online sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
15 Apr 2012, 12:54 PM | Post: #7

Super Moderator

Thanked 133 times

What I Read

Well done to both of you, my Kindle is one of the best presents I have ever had. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline davidwailing Reading
15 Apr 2012, 02:38 PM | Post: #8

Auto

Thanked 290 times

What I Read

My Kindle was also the best present I've ever had! (Unless my Mum is reading this, in which case, the radio/cassette recorder you bought me for Christmas 1977 was the best.)

Enjoy!
[Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51yKbM97VgL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51bOIIJsknL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51ZjjH2Tn9L._SL95.jpg] 

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
15 Apr 2012, 02:45 PM | Post: #9

Official KUF Reviewer and Interrogator

Thanked 145 times

What I Read

Congratulations and pile 'em up high Big Grin
Young hedgehogs need fattening up for winter now, so put some water and seeds out for them, they'll reward you with a calling card.  
While you are at it, water and feed the birds too. Thumbs Up And come and talk about it at GardenWildlifeUK
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
15 Apr 2012, 03:09 PM | Post: #10

Comma Abuser

Thanked 103 times

What I Read

Thanks, everyone. I'm sure this is going to revolutionize my reading habits. For the moment, I'm making a determined effort to buy only indie authors. I've also managed to transfer the Chamaeleon file so I can at last read my own book on my own Kindle.

Cecilia: Belated happy birthday, I hope you enjoy your son's present.

Steven - Thanks. Off to download now.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading:The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castaneda Last Book I Read:Stonemouth by Iain Banks Favourite Genres:
Currently Reading:The Chocolate Egg Murders by David W, Robinson Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz Last Book I Read:Hidden by Katy Gardner Favourite Genres:thrillers, crime, gay fiction, women's fiction, fantasyFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Commercial fiction
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations