Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Free Ebooks List - Genre Filter, Erotic hidden by default

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
20 Dec 2011, 12:02 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Free Ebooks List - Genre Filter, Erotic hidden by default

After many requests, I have added a new filter to our Free eBooks List which by default will not show books from the Erotica genre unless you specifically pick it. You can also filter by any other genre you like.

The main cause for concern was the huge number of books coming through from Amazon featuring saucy covers and some very colourful language. Whilst we have nothing against erotica, many of our members have expressed a need for the filter.

You can view our list of daily ebooks here : http://www.kuforum.co.uk/free_ebooks/latest/
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline muziki1 Reading More Ketchup than Salsa by Joe Cawley
20 Jan 2012, 03:23 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Free Ebooks List - Genre Filter, Erotic hidden by default

(20 Dec 2011 12:02 PM)Lou Wrote:  After many requests, I have added a new filter to our Free eBooks List which by default will not show books from the Erotica genre unless you specifically pick it. You can also filter by any other genre you like.

The main cause for concern was the huge number of books coming through from Amazon featuring saucy covers and some very colourful language. Whilst we have nothing against erotica, many of our members have expressed a need for the filter.

You can view our list of daily ebooks here : http://www.kuforum.co.uk/free_ebooks/latest/

What a great idea. Thanks.
Offline larkim
24 May 2012, 10:48 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

(20 Jan 2012 03:23 PM)muziki1 Wrote:  
(20 Dec 2011 12:02 PM)Lou Wrote:  After many requests, I have added a new filter to our Free eBooks List which by default will not show books from the Erotica genre unless you specifically pick it. You can also filter by any other genre you like.

What a great idea. Thanks.

Am I right in thinking that this category has now been hidden completely? Its something I delve into occasionally ( Blush ) and seems to have disappeared from the online listing as well as the daily newsletter.

Matt
24 May 2012, 11:19 AM | Post: #4

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Hi Matt,

The genre list shows genres in todays books only and doing a quick scan, it looks like there aren't any new freebie erotica books so far today (odd though it seems). Rest assured, it's not been removed permanently.

I have also got some changes planned for the list formatting which will be coming soon.
Offline larkim
24 May 2012, 12:52 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

OK thanks - it's just been obvious that there have been no new books in this category for several weeks now, which I find unlikely! It seems that until I signed up to the daily newsletter there were plenty of freebies per day, but since the newsletter has been coming there have been none. I've had the category in the newsletter for a bit of fun, and there have never been any in there since I've been receiving it!

Matt
26 May 2012, 07:07 AM | Post: #6

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

You are absolutely right about that. I hadn't noticed that for some reason our system wasn't picking them up. I'll look into this and hopefully fix it asap.
26 May 2012, 07:22 AM | Post: #7

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

OK problem fixed Big Grin
Offline Alison Funnell
06 Jun 2012, 03:00 PM | Post: #8

Thanked 0 times

I seem to be unable to filter this genre out dispite actively choosing to do so from the drop down menu. Is there a glitch?
---
06 Jun 2012, 05:01 PM | Post: #9

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Hi, it looks like today there is a book that the author has published on Amazon with a genre of romance but the cover looks like erotica. There's not an awful lot we can do with these as Amazon determine the genre, but fortunately they are few and far between.

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:More Ketchup than Salsa by Joe Cawley Last Book I Read:First Authentic Mars Pioneers by John P. Smith Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations