Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Bt Business Hub 107

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline stbernardsrus
14 Dec 2011, 12:51 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Bt Business Hub 107

I got a new Kindle at the weekend and have been trying to get it to connect to my WiFi network via a Bt Business Hub 107 without success.

I repeatedly get a message saying password is invalid. I have tried the network password and also the network key without success. I have changed router settings from WEP to WPA and have also reset the network password. No Joy !

I have rung the Kindle helpline and after 19 minutes, the advisor said he couldn't spend any longer on the call but would provide me with email support for another 4 weeks.

Now totally stuck and no nearer buying any books !!
Anyone else had this problem ?
---
Offline cannonfodder_uk Reading Dominion by C, J, Sansom
14 Dec 2011, 01:02 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

RE: Bt Business Hub 107

Hi,
Have you tried turning wireless security off altogether?
If you can connect with security off then then at least you know the devices can talk to one another.
Switch WPA back on and invent a new encryption key (don't forget it).
Update your kindle settings using the same key (case sensitive) and all SHOULD work.

Hope this helps
Smoke me a kipper!
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
14 Dec 2011, 05:49 PM | Post: #3

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

RE: Bt Business Hub 107

Are you definitely connecting to your router and not a neighbours ?

It could also be you router has MAC address filtering enabled, worth checking and disabling to prove and then adding it back with your Kindles MAC address added to the list.

Currently Reading:Dominion by C, J, Sansom Last Book I Read:The Island by Victoria Hislop Favourite Genres:Science Fiction + Fantasy
Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations