Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Price War?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Astroman
01 Sep 2010, 07:53 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Price War?

Hi All,
I was window shopping in Bristol this morning and several of the "Techie" stores are now selling the Sony PRC505 for £99.00! Start of a price war?
But still no comparison with the Kindle Wi-Fi at £109.00!
Chris
---
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
01 Sep 2010, 10:07 PM | Post: #2

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

RE: Price War?

(01 Sep 2010 07:53 PM)Astroman Wrote:  Hi All,
I was window shopping in Bristol this morning and several of the "Techie" stores are now selling the Sony PRC505 for £99.00! Start of a price war?
But still no comparison with the Kindle Wi-Fi at £109.00!
Chris

That's probably not a bad price considering how expensive sony readers generally are, however I think the Kindle is a far better choice.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline testmonkey
02 Sep 2010, 06:35 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

This post was last modified: 02 Sep 2010 06:35 PM by testmonkey.
I suppose with the launch of the latest Kindle the high street stores have realised that they don't have any choice if they are going sell the stock they're carrying.

I wouldn't call it so much a price war as an act of desperation to shift their stock Smile
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
19 Sep 2010, 02:07 PM | Post: #4

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

A colleague at work has the Sony e-reader. I asked her to bring it in for me to have a look at and compare to the Kindle. It's not bad, but the prices of books she downloads from Waterstones are much higher than Amazon.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations