Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Authors and Publishers : List your work on KUF (beta) - Here's how

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
01 Dec 2011, 06:11 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Authors and Publishers : List your work on KUF (beta) - Here's how

I have just launched a new addition to the forum which allows our authors and publishers to list their work both on their profile and in a collated section of the site.

To get started listing your work, follow these steps :

Step 1 - Make sure your profile is set up correctly.

Go to your Edit Profile page here : http://www.kuforum.co.uk...

and then make sure you have the correct options ticked. Presumably everyone will be a reader, but please only tick publisher if you publish books for multiple authors (ie not just self-publishing)

[Image: authpubprofile1-20111201-175304.jpg]

Whilst editing your profile, you may also want to ensure all the other fields, especially your bio are filled in nicely.

If you want to change your Username, you will need to contact me to do this.

Step 2 - Go to your profile page

You can view your own profile from the User CP here : http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum/usercp.php by clicking on the link at the bottom left called "View Profile"

[Image: authpubviewprof-20111201-175653.jpg]

Step 3 - List your work

From your profile page, depending on which options you picked for author or publisher (or both) you should now see sections with a button for author/publisher

[Image: authpubadd-20111201-180142.jpg]

Click on the button to search for your work (this is similar to how the current recommendation system works)

Step 3 - Finding your work

The system only supports books which are available on Amazon.co.uk at present, so if your books are only available on Smashwords or Amazon.com you won't be able to add them.

Once you have clicked on the button, you should see the screen which allows you to search by author and/or title or alternatively by ASIN. Complete the search form and click continue to see a list of matching books.

When your book matches are shown, click on one or more to select them and choose an appropriate option from the drop down menu (see below)

[Image: authpubpick-20111201-180613.jpg]

Once you click continue, you will be asked to choose or confirm the main genre of your book. When you have done so, click Finish and the books will be added to your profile.

Your books will now always be visible on your profile and also in new sections of the forum :

Authors section : http://www.kuforum.co.uk/ebooks/authors/
Publishers section : http://www.kuforum.co.uk/ebooks/publishers/

Please also remember that it is against our rules to recommend your own work.

If you mistakenly add a book that you haven't published or written, hover over it from your profile and choose the option reading 'I am not the author/publisher' as below

[Image: authpubnot-20111201-180017.jpg]
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Stephen Livingston Reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt
01 Dec 2011, 06:16 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Authors and Publishers : List your work on KUF (beta) - Here's how

Thanks for setting this up for us Lou. Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.
Offline Kristine Cayne Reading A Woman Among Warlords by Malalai Joya
01 Dec 2011, 06:48 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(01 Dec 2011 06:16 PM)Stephen Livingston Wrote:  Thanks for setting this up for us Lou. Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.

This looks awesome. I can't wait until January when I'll have something published and can use these awesome new features :-)

~Kristine
[Image: 51GfOcidzeL._SX115_.jpg][Image: 51fOR%2BoV1oL._SX115_.jpg]"Twisted secrets, extreme passions, and deadly desires." Available at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com. Website/blog
Offline LexiRevellian Reading A book which I have forgotten to add here
01 Dec 2011, 06:48 PM | Post: #4

Keen kuffer

Thanked 71 times

What I Read

Done that! Thanks, Lou.
Lexi
website
[/url] [Image: 51WwAD9NMtL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51da-%2BYkhRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iBX4NnxoL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41UMQk6bFIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51qTzauJb7L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51tzp0Z0gmL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51gPJw7MmjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 611cl4LH%2BqL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Kristine Cayne Reading A Woman Among Warlords by Malalai Joya
01 Dec 2011, 06:54 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Lou - did you change the length of the bio section? I didn't change anything went I went into my profile to see if everything was set correctly. However, I got an error saying my bio was over 200 characters. I exited out without changing anything and went to view my profile and my bio (100 or so words) displayed fine.

~Kristine
[Image: 51GfOcidzeL._SX115_.jpg][Image: 51fOR%2BoV1oL._SX115_.jpg]"Twisted secrets, extreme passions, and deadly desires." Available at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com. Website/blog
Offline Talli Roland Reading
01 Dec 2011, 06:56 PM | Post: #6

Posting Freak

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

Just done it! Thanks, Lou. Very easy and straightforward.
Offline davidwailing Reading
01 Dec 2011, 07:04 PM | Post: #7

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

Great stuff Lou, thanks for continuing to evolve the forum! I've also just added myself to the list, but I did hve the same problem Kristine mentions. I cut my bio down to less than 200 characters and it's all worked fine, but I'm guessing this is a minor bug as a result of your development elsewhere?
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
01 Dec 2011, 07:09 PM | Post: #8

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Bio length issue should be fixed now. Oops supposed to be taking it easy Smile
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline davidwailing Reading
01 Dec 2011, 07:15 PM | Post: #9

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

Lou, why isn't everybody I work with as efficient as you? (And why am I not as efficient as you, come to think of it!)

Thanks for fixing - now go and put your feet up! Sleepy
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Aislynn Archer
01 Dec 2011, 08:57 PM | Post: #10

Unregistered

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Done, and thanks, Lou. Smile

The warning about not recommending one's own books was a little alarming, though. I'm pretty sure I just added mine without recommending them, but then it took me to the "Recommended" page. So I don't know what exactly went on there.
---

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Secret History by Donna Tartt Last Book I Read:The Singer's Gun by Emily St. John Mandell Favourite Genres:
Currently Reading:A Woman Among Warlords by Malalai Joya Last Book I Read:Forged in Fire by Trish McCallan Favourite Genres:Romance/Suspense/ParanormalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A book which I have forgotten to add here Last Book I Read:Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child Favourite Genres:Commercial FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Commercial fiction
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations