Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

The Winalot Diet.. Banned from Sainsbury's!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline tao
01 Dec 2011, 11:37 AM | Post: #1

To old to give a hoot!

Thanked 15 times

What I Read

The Winalot Diet.. Banned from Sainsbury's!

This post was last modified: 01 Dec 2011 11:51 AM by tao.
Hmmm retired people Wink

Banned from Sainsbury's

Didn't like shopping there anyway.

Yesterday I was at my local Sainsbury's store buyin a large bag of Winalot dog food for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Winalot Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 2 stone before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Winalot nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish Setter's a##e and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. I'm now banned from Sainsbury's.

Better watch what you ask retired people.

They have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say.Wine3
£250-£500 per month totally risk free! tao does it!!!  http://bonusbagging.co.uk/r/bb13802
Offline LorraineArndell Reading The Mutilation Machination By Shaun Jeffrey
01 Dec 2011, 12:53 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: The Winalot Diet.. Banned from Sainsbury's!

HAHAHA Hilarious !
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
01 Dec 2011, 01:49 PM | Post: #3

Super Moderator

Thanked 162 times

What I Read

What a silly question to ask in the first place!!! I love it. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline Notoriety Reading Five Days in May by Andrew Adonis
01 Dec 2011, 05:10 PM | Post: #4

Posting Freak

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

Wonderful Thumbs Up.

I'm just going to the supermarket buy a bag of Winalot so I can try it out. Fortunately I do have a dog so won't be stacking up big sacks of the stuff till someone plucks up courage to ask! Do you think there would be a different reaction in, say, Lidl which I recommend for the wine?

Tony
Arab proverb: Only a fool lends his books and only a fool returns them.
Offline Amanda Leigh Cowley Reading A Real Boy by Christopher Stevens
01 Dec 2011, 05:14 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Thanks for the giggle - just what I needed... Big Grin
[Image: 51Jw%2B84-6YL._SL160_.jpg] Soul Protector
A refreshingly different Paranormal Romance
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
01 Dec 2011, 07:35 PM | Post: #6

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Love it! Where are you shopping now?
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
01 Dec 2011, 08:59 PM | Post: #7

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

Brilliant Thumbs Up
Offline quaser Reading I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
01 Dec 2011, 09:27 PM | Post: #8

Official KUF eBook Reviewer

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

(01 Dec 2011 07:35 PM)Susanne Wrote:  Love it! Where are you shopping now?

Pets At Home (or is it 'Pets R Us') of course

Wine1
Protected by The Sword of Truth and The Shield of Honour
Offline LexiRevellian Reading A book which I have forgotten to add here
01 Dec 2011, 10:01 PM | Post: #9

Keen kuffer

Thanked 71 times

What I Read

Just laughed all alone on my sofa with my laptop.

The Winalot diet sounds curiously plausible...bet you could get a book deal if you did an outline and sent it out. You're not Pippa Middleton by any chance? That would make it a cert.
Lexi
website
[/url] [Image: 51WwAD9NMtL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51da-%2BYkhRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iBX4NnxoL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41UMQk6bFIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51qTzauJb7L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51tzp0Z0gmL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51gPJw7MmjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 611cl4LH%2BqL._SL95.jpg]

Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Mutilation Machination By Shaun Jeffrey Last Book I Read:The Book Thief Favourite Genres:Horror ! Give me gore and I'm a happy bunny !Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Five Days in May by Andrew Adonis Last Book I Read:The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes Favourite Genres:Classics, politics, foreign language, "lit fic", funFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A Real Boy by Christopher Stevens Last Book I Read:Chocolate Girls by Annie Murray Favourite Genres:Paranormal, Romance, Literary, ChickLit, YA, ThrillerFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes Last Book I Read:Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel Favourite Genres:Crime, Historical, Sci-FiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A book which I have forgotten to add here Last Book I Read:Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child Favourite Genres:Commercial FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations