Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Has your book been recommended? Let the world know

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
24 Nov 2011, 02:43 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Has your book been recommended? Let the world know

I have added a new badge which you can display freely on your blog or anywhere else you like if you have a book that has been recommended by one or more of our members.

[Image: kuf_recommended.png]

To get the badge code, go to the badges page here: http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindle-users-forum-links.html

Please only display the badge if your book is genuinely recommended. I'm trusting you here.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
24 Nov 2011, 05:28 PM | Post: #2

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

RE: Has your book been recommended? Let the world know

(24 Nov 2011 02:43 PM)Lou Wrote:  I have added a new badge which you can display freely on your blog or anywhere else you like if you have a book that has been recommended by one or more of our members.

[Image: kuf_recommended.png]

To get the badge code, go to the badges page here: http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindle-users-forum-links.html

Please only display the badge if your book is genuinely recommended. I'm trusting you here.

What is the definition of 'recommended' here, Lou? Presumably, this is not the same as a reviewer saying, 'this is a good book'?
I just want to be clear, so I don't inadvertently break your trust. Angel
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
24 Nov 2011, 06:32 PM | Post: #3

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

It's when your book appears in the recommended list : http://www.kuforum.co.uk/ebooks/recommended/

Also, a quick note : there was a bit of a gremlin with the badge earlier, so if you've already used it, please could you go and get the code again as it has been corrected.

Thanks,

Lou
Offline Talli Roland Reading
24 Nov 2011, 06:32 PM | Post: #4

Posting Freak

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

I got the code! Now to proudly display the badge...
Offline Stephen Livingston Reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt
24 Nov 2011, 06:43 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I'd like a badge too.
If anyone out there who has read and enjoyed my collection of short stories

"Kindling" http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004YDU4PA

would like to recommend it I'd be very much obliged.

Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.
Offline Ken Magee Reading Leaving Berlin by Joseph Kanon
24 Nov 2011, 07:08 PM | Post: #6

Reader & writer

Thanked 48 times

What I Read

I'd love to earn the badge. Is there any way to self-promote to encourage a recommendation?

I've got a neat review on Amazon... "Imagine the worlds of Terry Pratchett and Dan Brown coming together- Dark Tidings provides a witty and clever read that will appeal to all readers. Very enjoyable I found it hard to put it down!"... but I'm not sure how to get KUF readers to fell the same way about the book.

The badge is a great idea... now I'm going to obsess about getting one!
What happens when ancient magic collides with the Internet? Find out at my website.
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
24 Nov 2011, 07:14 PM | Post: #7

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

Ken, you have a recommendation by Marian Big Grin
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline davidwailing Reading
24 Nov 2011, 08:19 PM | Post: #8

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

Lou just let me know that I have also been lucky enough to be recommended, which has come as a big surprise! I am bouncing around the room now! Like this:

Shocked

I shall be proudly displaying the badge on both website and Facebook page, and using the opportunity to tell people about KUF. Let's all try and drive as much traffic here as we can, this forum deserves more recognition. Best I've ever seen by a LONG way!
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline LexiRevellian Reading A book which I have forgotten to add here
24 Nov 2011, 08:23 PM | Post: #9

Keen kuffer

Thanked 71 times

What I Read

(24 Nov 2011 08:19 PM)davidwailing Wrote:  Lou just let me know that I have also been lucky enough to be recommended, which has come as a big surprise! I am bouncing around the room now! Like this:

Shocked

I shall be proudly displaying the badge on both website and Facebook page, and using the opportunity to tell people about KUF. Let's all try and drive as much traffic here as we can, this forum deserves more recognition. Best I've ever seen by a LONG way!

David, quick, stop bouncing for a minute and tell me where I can put the badge on my Facebook page - I'm totally clueless where fb is concerned.
Lexi
website
[/url] [Image: 51WwAD9NMtL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51da-%2BYkhRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iBX4NnxoL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41UMQk6bFIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51qTzauJb7L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51tzp0Z0gmL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51gPJw7MmjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 611cl4LH%2BqL._SL95.jpg]
24 Nov 2011, 08:32 PM | Post: #10

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Thanks for that David - I was having a bit of a miserable day until I read your post Big Grin

Here's to the future Wine3

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Commercial fiction
Currently Reading:The Secret History by Donna Tartt Last Book I Read:The Singer's Gun by Emily St. John Mandell Favourite Genres:
Currently Reading:Leaving Berlin by Joseph Kanon Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:fantasy, biographies, humour Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A book which I have forgotten to add here Last Book I Read:Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child Favourite Genres:Commercial FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations