Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

BT Home Hub 3 / Kindle Connection Problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
12 Oct 2011, 10:07 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

BT Home Hub 3 / Kindle Connection Problems

According to Amazon, "Kindle is currently unable to connect to N-type routers"

It seems the issue with BTHub 3 is that it is set up as an "N" along with b&g.

Change the wireless settings to b&g not N and all works fine.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Riojazz
30 Dec 2011, 10:17 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: BT Home Hub 3 / Kindle Connection Problems

(12 Oct 2011 10:07 PM)Lou Wrote:  According to Amazon, "Kindle is currently unable to connect to N-type routers"

THANK YOU...after 3 nights & hours of trying to get my new Kindle to connect I read your post and that is actually what appears to have been the problem-as I reconnected my old hub (BT 1-i think) & my kindle connected immediately with no problems..... I had been about to box it up and return it!!!!
Does anyone know when the kindle 4 will be compatible with BT hub 3??? & personally a BIG NOTICE should be added to make potential customers aware of this issue.....
---
Offline Ajax Reading Moab is my washpot, by Stephen Fry
03 Jan 2012, 05:42 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

My Kindle actually states that it's N compatible, and considering my brother has a homehub 3 and hasn't called me at 3 in the morning to fix some absurd problem, I'm guessing it's fine. I certainy don't have any issues with my router.
Offline Rookel
18 Feb 2012, 04:53 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

(12 Oct 2011 10:07 PM)Lou Wrote:  According to Amazon, "Kindle is currently unable to connect to N-type routers"

Thank you so much Lou. Have also spent 2 days trying to connect to wifi with a BTHub 3. Called the Kindle helpline and they were no help. Typed in a search as a last resort and read this. Just changed my settings and was on in seconds!
---
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
18 Feb 2012, 05:21 PM | Post: #5

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Glad we were able to help you out there. There's nothing more frustrating than going round in circles.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Jaceyw
03 Aug 2012, 08:39 PM | Post: #6

Thanked 0 times

Hi, I have read this with interest because I have recently gone onto BTHub 3. Tried this evening to go onto WiFi but without any success. Got two Kindles in the house so tried both without any luck.

You say "Change the wireless settings to b&g not N and all works fine." How do I do that please? I can't work out what you mean. Sorry not good at all this kind of thing!

Many thanks in advance.

Janet
---

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Moab is my washpot, by Stephen Fry Last Book I Read:The Last Days of Krypton by Kevin J. Anderson Favourite Genres:Sci Fi, Fantasy, Autobiography