Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Bookclub: Just for fun poll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Poll: Which was your favourite book?
Total  * You voted for this item. 12 votes 100%
Remix
1 Vote(s) / 8.33 %
1 8.33%
A Christmas Carol
0 Vote(s) / 0 %
0 0%
Room
0 Vote(s) / 0 %
0 0%
In Praise of Savagery
0 Vote(s) / 0 %
0 0%
The Kinshield Legacy
1 Vote(s) / 8.33 %
1 8.33%
William Walker's First Year of Marriage
0 Vote(s) / 0 %
0 0%
The Hanging Shed
1 Vote(s) / 8.33 %
1 8.33%
Replica
2 Vote(s) / 16.67 %
2 16.67%
You've Gone Too Far This Time, Sir
2 Vote(s) / 16.67 %
2 16.67%
The Gift of Rain
4 Vote(s) / 33.33 %
4 33.33%
The Warsaw Anagrams
1 Vote(s) / 8.33 %
1 8.33%
The Cornerstone
0 Vote(s) / 0 %
0 0%
This poll is closed. Show Results |
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
04 Oct 2011, 03:53 PM | Post: #1

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Bookclub: Just for fun poll

The Book Club has now been running for a year and I thought it would be interesting and a bit of fun to see which was the overall favourite book.

Please vote for your favourite book. You only have one vote.

I will keep the poll open until the end of October to give everyone who is part of the Book Club a chance to vote.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
05 Oct 2011, 11:58 AM | Post: #2

Super Moderator

Thanked 162 times

What I Read

RE: Bookclub: Just for fun poll

That was an easy one for me, but then I dare say you could guess which one I was going to vote for anyway! Will be interesting to see the results. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
05 Oct 2011, 03:10 PM | Post: #3

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(05 Oct 2011 11:58 AM)sujay Wrote:  That was an easy one for me, but then I dare say you could guess which one I was going to vote for anyway! Will be interesting to see the results. Smile

I'm going to have a look at his website when I get a moment to see if there is anywhere to leave a message, but I seem to remember that there isn't.
Offline Grace Elliot Reading Demelza.
05 Oct 2011, 08:04 PM | Post: #4

Grace Elliot

Thanked 30 times

What I Read

I loved Replica, and my eyes lit up when I saw Remix on the list (didnt read the question first!) as I hoped it would be a future read.
[Image: 5140ZyNAkWL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51K00gbdUaL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 511aZHnc8YL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51naRtTfXnL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51ZqtQvpuCL._SX75.jpg]  [Image: 51lr69x4JNL._SL95.jpg]

Fall in Love with History http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
05 Oct 2011, 09:02 PM | Post: #5

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 05 Oct 2011 09:06 PM by Phil.
For me it was a close one between The Kinshield Legacy and The Hanging Shed and given only one vote I went with The Hanging Shed. Both were books I really enjoyed that I probably would't have read had it not been for the KUF Book club.

The other books I've read from the Book Club picks have been really good as well. I've manage to read 7 of the last 8 picks. I wasn't around for the first 4. The one I missed was The Gift of Rain, which looks like its going to be the winner :roll eyes: Unfortunately I was still playing catch up with the previous books so I decided to skip that one and it's looking like I missed the best one going by the vote so far and other comments on the forums Blush
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
06 Oct 2011, 01:07 PM | Post: #6

Super Moderator

Thanked 162 times

What I Read

(05 Oct 2011 03:10 PM)Susanne Wrote:  
(05 Oct 2011 11:58 AM)sujay Wrote:  That was an easy one for me, but then I dare say you could guess which one I was going to vote for anyway! Will be interesting to see the results. Smile

I'm going to have a look at his website when I get a moment to see if there is anywhere to leave a message, but I seem to remember that there isn't.

I don't think there is anywhere to post on his website. I so want another book of his to read, it can't come soon enough for me. It is the one author I would break my 'only spend £5 on a Kindle book' rule for!

Please Phil give The Gift of Rain a read. As far as I am concerned it is the best book I have ever read. It is a phenomenal read, and I am obviously not alone in my thoughts on it. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
06 Oct 2011, 02:49 PM | Post: #7

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(06 Oct 2011 01:07 PM)sujay Wrote:  [ It is the one author I would break my 'only spend £5 on a Kindle book' rule for!

Please Phil give The Gift of Rain a read. As far as I am concerned it is the best book I have ever read. It is a phenomenal read, and I am obviously not alone in my thoughts on it. Smile

My thoughts exactly!
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
06 Oct 2011, 06:10 PM | Post: #8

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

Its in my To Read collection, but you'll need to pick a couple of thin books for the next couple of months so I can fit an extra book in again.

I'm a slow reader, 1 or 2 books a month is heavy reading for me. My normal pace is about a book every two months. I've been at the six books a year level for over 5 years. However this year (with kindle) I'm already on book number 20 Big Grin but I'm still struggling to fit in my read and the book club read every month.
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
12 Oct 2011, 07:27 PM | Post: #9

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Just bumping this - there must be more people wanting to vote Huh
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
12 Oct 2011, 07:28 PM | Post: #10

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

I have The Gift of Rain lined up next Smile Really looking forward to it.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!

Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Demelza. Last Book I Read:Ross Poldark. Favourite Genres:Historical romance.
Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations