Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle 2012 - 2013 Buyers Comparison Chart

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
03 Oct 2011, 07:01 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Kindle 2012 - 2013 Buyers Comparison Chart

Quickly compare the main features of the current range of e-ink Kindles on sale in the UK.

Kindle Buyers Comparison Chart 2012 - 2013

Kindle 6" Wi-Fi 2012 Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi / 3G Kindle Touch (Discontinued)
Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wi-Fi (Discontinued)

Go to  Amazon Go to  Amazon Go to Amazon Go to  Amazon
Price £69 £109 Wi-Fi / £169 3G + Wi-Fi $109 £149
Storage 2gb + Free Cloud Storage 2gb + Free Cloud Storage 4gb + Free Cloud Storage 4gb + Free Cloud Storage
Screen 6" E Ink Pearl 6" Paperwhite with Touch and built in Lighting 6" E Ink Pearl Touch 6" E Ink Pearl
Resolution 167 PPI 212 PPI 167 PPI 167 PPI
Read eBooks Yes Yes Yes Yes
Read PDFs Yes Yes Yes Yes
Audio Books No No Yes Yes
MP3 music / audio No No Yes Yes
3G Browsing No Yes, 3G Model Only Yes, 3G Model Only Yes, 3G Model Only
Wi-Fi Browsing Yes Yes Yes Yes
Keyboard No Yes - Touch Screen Yes - Touch Screen Yes - Push Button
Text-to-Speech No No Yes Yes
Charger Included No No No Yes
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
03 Oct 2011, 07:19 PM | Post: #2

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle 2011 Buyers Comparison Chart

You have the Kindle Keyboard 3G as not having a charger. Is this true now?
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
03 Oct 2011, 07:23 PM | Post: #3

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

My Kindle 3G Keyboard did have a charger when I bought it just over a year ago - and I can see I got the right one! I think they all did then though. Probably a slip of Lou's finger! Big Grin
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
03 Oct 2011, 07:40 PM | Post: #4

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Alas yes, the old slippery digit. 'Tis fixed now.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
03 Oct 2011, 07:41 PM | Post: #5

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

In that case, the KK3G is the bestest one Big Grin
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
04 Oct 2011, 09:54 AM | Post: #6

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

A brilliant comparison Lou, well done. When you look at that, it is clear the Kindle Keyboard is the only way to go in my opinion. Smile I only have the wi-fi version, but I wouldn't swap it for the new one now at any price. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline davidwailing Reading
04 Oct 2011, 10:33 AM | Post: #7

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

This is extremely useful, so many thanks!

Quick question from the amateur. For those Kindles that don't come with a charger, how do you charge them? Is the charger something you have to buy separately?

I've got my eagle eyes (but not my realistic gripping hands, yet) on the Kindle 2011, but if you have to buy a charger too, perhaps it's not as good a deal as a Kindle Keyboard...?
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
04 Oct 2011, 10:53 AM | Post: #8

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

(04 Oct 2011 10:33 AM)davidwailing Wrote:  Is the charger something you have to buy separately?

Yes it looks like they have gone the way off Apple and removed the charger from the package Sad Without the mains charger though you can still charge by a USB port on a laptop or desktop computer. I've also charged mine using both my iPod and iPad Chargers.
Offline tao
04 Oct 2011, 05:39 PM | Post: #9

To old to give a hoot!

Thanked 15 times

What I Read

(04 Oct 2011 10:33 AM)davidwailing Wrote:  This is extremely useful, so many thanks!

Quick question from the amateur. For those Kindles that don't come with a charger, how do you charge them? Is the charger something you have to buy separately?

I've got my eagle eyes (but not my realistic gripping hands, yet) on the Kindle 2011, but if you have to buy a charger too, perhaps it's not as good a deal as a Kindle Keyboard...?

Hi David, I was just like you couldn't decide which but had to wait for my birthday so I decided on the keyboard model and more than happy. Kindle is brilliant and I should have bought one before now, and now its hard to put down. Everything it says... it does... and brilliantly.

Best wishes.
£250-£500 per month totally risk free! tao does it!!!  http://bonusbagging.co.uk/r/bb13802
Offline tao
04 Oct 2011, 05:44 PM | Post: #10

To old to give a hoot!

Thanked 15 times

What I Read

(04 Oct 2011 09:54 AM)sujay Wrote:  A brilliant comparison Lou, well done. When you look at that, it is clear the Kindle Keyboard is the only way to go in my opinion. Smile I only have the wi-fi version, but I wouldn't swap it for the new one now at any price. Smile

Agree with you Sujay and the comparison is excellent... moneysupermarketdotcom got nowt on Lou...
£250-£500 per month totally risk free! tao does it!!!  http://bonusbagging.co.uk/r/bb13802

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations