Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Touch Browser - is it still experimental?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
29 Sep 2011, 09:42 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Kindle Touch Browser - is it still experimental?

I was wondering if there were any significant improvements with web browsing on the Kindle Touch, as I noted that it was not under the experimental section of the specs on Amazon.com which would suggest that it has been improved.

[edit] Amazon have now moved it back into the experimental section, must have been a mistake Sad

It would be nice if they have somehow fixed the 'link in new window' issue and hopefully improved the performance as well as complex pages are just horrendous.

Also, it would be nice if these updates could make it to the Kindle Keyboard (ugh I hate that) although the browser does seem to be classed as experimental on the new vanilla Kindle.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Online joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
30 Sep 2011, 11:06 AM | Post: #2

Official KUF Reviewer and Interrogator

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Touch Browser - is it still experimental?

I think that's the most annoying thing on the experimental brower. You can't do anything that needs to open a new window.
Young hedgehogs need fattening up for winter now, so put some water and seeds out for them, they'll reward you with a calling card.  
While you are at it, water and feed the birds too. Thumbs Up And come and talk about it at GardenWildlifeUK

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations