Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

BBC 3G Coverage Survey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline nigel p bird Reading
27 Aug 2011, 10:51 AM | Post: #1

Posting Freak

Thanked 20 times

What I Read

BBC 3G Coverage Survey

I wonder if anyone saw this on the news the other day. It was talking about the holes in the 3G network after a survey of Britain.

Though it related to phone signals, I presume it's the same thing as the 3G kindle signal.

It helps to explain some of the weakness in the band on the train the other day, perhaps.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

nigel
Dirty Old Town

Dodgy
Thanks,

nigel

The Shallows
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
27 Aug 2011, 12:39 PM | Post: #2

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

RE: BBC 3G Coverage Survey

Interesting. We have good coverage where I live, but I knew that already!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline larkim
30 Aug 2011, 10:09 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: BBC 3G Coverage Survey

Bear in mind it is a bit narrower than "3G", the coverage requires Vodafone 3G coverage as (I believe) that is the network which is providing the Whispernet service in the UK. For different countries, different providers will be providing the 3G network, and each will have local areas of good and poor reception.

Matt

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:crime, noir, hard-boiledFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations