Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

To Serve Them All My Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline sarasheridan
11 Jul 2011, 09:47 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

To Serve Them All My Days

Found an old video of this BBC series from the 1980s: To Serve Them All My Days. It's fabulous! Wondered if anyone else remembered it/was watching it? A host of actors among the schoolboys who went on to greater things (including Nicholas Lyndhurst, for example) Whiled away a very rainy Saturday and Sunday happily and wanted to recommend it!
"Accessible, intelligent writing."
Offline Shayne Parkinson Reading London: the Biography by Peter Ackroyd
12 Jul 2011, 10:32 PM | Post: #2

Kiwi

Thanked 18 times

What I Read

RE: To Serve Them All My Days

This post was last modified: 12 Jul 2011 10:36 PM by Shayne Parkinson.
Oh, I loved that! I saw it back in the 80s - a long time ago, but I remember it well. It wasn't available on DVD, at least not for our region, last time I checked - I must look again.

We watched "A Horseman Riding By" fairly recently on DVD - also based on a book by R.F. Delderfield, and also very good.
Shayne Parkinson on Amazon
Historical novels set in New Zealand

Web site: http://www.shayneparkinson.com
Blog: http://shayneparkinson.blogspot.com

[Image: 610aHHiffIL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61aFTm2tsbL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61HBfNgpH7L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fHrgXwD4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51I0oe2nUAL._SL95.jpg][Image: 41OsrFXqh6L._SL95.jpg]
Offline WirralBagpuss Reading Sherlock Holmes Canon by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
17 Jul 2011, 12:08 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: To Serve Them All My Days

I absoutely loved this series, remember this from my childhood. Would love to get my paws on this if it came out on DVD. My favourite epsiode was the one in which a schoolboy runs away and if i remember rightly he is killed. Whilst searching his locker they find music manuscripts for bell ringing and realise he was a very talented musician and they play the music he wrote.

Currently Reading:London: the Biography by Peter Ackroyd Last Book I Read:Alphabetical by Michael Rosen Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Sherlock Holmes Canon by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Sherlock Holmes