Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle stuck on a book page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Gabharin
19 Jul 2021, 03:37 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle stuck on a book page

Hello everyone !
I recently bought a faulty 8th generation Kindle (SY69JL) to try and repair it.
It seems to be stuck on a book page, and does not respond when touched. The charging LED turns on when plugged with a charging cable. When I try to hold down the Power button to try and reboot it, the LED goes like this : green - blinking green - blinking orange - green... and the sequence repeats as long as I press the Power button.

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

---
Offline PrestonMcCormick
21 Jul 2021, 09:45 AM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

Wink RE: Kindle stuck on a book page

- If after pressing the "Reset" button nothing happened, and the book still "hangs", you should remove the back cover and remove the battery for at least 10-15 seconds. After the required time has elapsed, the battery can be returned to its place and the book can be turned on; - Sometimes, despite all of the above actions, the e-book still cannot be brought out of the frozen state. In this case, more radical measures are needed: such as a "hard" reset. The obvious disadvantage of this type of e-book resuscitation is that all data stored in the device's memory will most likely be deleted. The essence of a "hard" reboot is to format and return to factory settings by pressing a certain key combination. To find out more about which keys should be pressed, the instructions or the manufacturer's website will helpReading Kindle.
---
Offline Gabharin
27 Jul 2021, 01:27 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: Kindle stuck on a book page

Hello, thanks for the reply !
I did as instructed, and unplugged the battery for 15 seconds. Sadly, nothing happened. Would you know how to do a "hard reset", as you call it ? Or perhaps a link to the documentation you were referring to ? Can't seem to find anything on my own.
Thanks !
---