Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Problem re-registering a Kindle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline mike21
02 Feb 2021, 03:22 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Problem re-registering a Kindle

I am posting this on the keyboard forum because there is not one for the Second Edition Kindle and the menu is the same.
I have an old Kindle, with a manual keyboard, that is failing occasionally; my wife had a Second Edition Kindle which I gave away when she died, and which I have now been given back that I could use instead. My problem is that I cannot re-register it – the device thinks it is still registered but I deleted it from The Amazon list when I gave it away. The manual gives instructions as to how to re-register a Kindle that had been registered to someone else, the method being to do it through Menu/Settings, but unfortunately the facility “settings” does not appear in the menu – the manual must be the correct one as it is installed on the Kindle. I have spent some time on the Amazon Kindle site but cannot find a way of getting help – none of the FAQs apply. Can anyone help – maybe one way would be a factory reset if that is possible, but that would delete all of the books and I do not know how to do it.
---
Offline mike21
03 Feb 2021, 02:44 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: Problem re-registering a Kindle

Problem resolved. I was accessing the menu with a book open - when I tried with just the index page open the menu included settings and the second Kindle is now re-registered.
---
Offline mike21
11 Feb 2021, 02:44 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: Problem re-registering a Kindle

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply, although I cannot read it. The problem is now solved
---