Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

USB connectivity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Simonsdvd
10 Dec 2019, 05:59 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Lightbulb USB connectivity

I have a new Fire HD10 2019.  I have tried to connect a Samsung USB 500GB drive to it.  The connection does not allow me to access files on the Samsung.  The Samsung has USB 3 and I have used an adapter to give me a USB C connection.  The power light on the Samsung comes on but the Kindle does not connect.
I have turned on the debugging USB setting but still no go!

Could it be a format problem?  or I am I missing something obvious?
---
Offline jobo
11 Dec 2019, 09:55 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 9 times

RE: USB connectivity

(10 Dec 2019 05:59 PM)Simonsdvd Wrote: Wrote:  I have a new Fire HD10 2019.  I have tried to connect a Samsung USB 500GB drive to it.  The connection does not allow me to access files on the Samsung.  The Samsung has USB 3 and I have used an adapter to give me a USB C connection.  The power light on the Samsung comes on but the Kindle does not connect.
I have turned on the debugging USB setting but still no go!

Could it be a format problem?  or I am I missing something obvious?
 i dont k
now if you can run a hard drive and it might very well be a format problem, you can run a smallish memory stick off them 

but as a start, have you put a file manager app on the fire ?
Offline Simonsdvd
12 Dec 2019, 07:29 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: USB connectivity

HI
I think I know what the problem is.  It seems the Kindle can only read FAT32 systems.  My Samsung is formatted as NTFS!  It looks like I will have to make the transfers via my PC.
---