Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Problems with music

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline rcpilot
03 Nov 2019, 03:29 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Music Problems with music

Hi
        I bought a kindle fire 7 so that I could put a lot of music onto it, this I found was only available if I got an sd card, which I did.
           I have a vast collection of music on my home desktop pc, so I selected aprox 700 and loaded them onto the sd card via a card reader, the card was then put into the fire 7 everything was ok until now. I decided to remove the card and format it on my desktop pc and then reload the same songs plus a few more back onto the sd card. From now on the problem appears, when I put the card back into the fire7 the songs ( because they are on the sd card) only appear in the "offline music" section but now there are 2 entries for each song (presumably one set from the first time the card was put in the device and the second set from the recent insertion of the card). When you click on one entry it plays when you click on the second entry it does not play, When I remove the card none of the songs play (obviously because the sd has been removed) but the list still appears, how can I collectively remove this list instead of deleting the songs one at a time ( which would take forever) surely there must be a file somewhere on this device where this list is stored, it is not on the cloud as I have the internet switched off, the only way I can see of doing this is to do a factory reset and then reloading the sd card and then downloading all the apps that I had on the device ( which have been removed through the reset). Any ideas?
---
Offline jobo
07 Nov 2019, 03:15 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 9 times

RE: Problems with music

(03 Nov 2019 03:29 PM)rcpilot Wrote: Wrote:  Hi
        I bought a kindle fire 7 so that I could put a lot of music onto it, this I found was only available if I got an sd card, which I did.
           I have a vast collection of music on my home desktop pc, so I selected aprox 700 and loaded them onto the sd card via a card reader, the card was then put into the fire 7 everything was ok until now. I decided to remove the card and format it on my desktop pc and then reload the same songs plus a few more back onto the sd card. From now on the problem appears, when I put the card back into the fire7 the songs ( because they are on the sd card) only appear in the "offline music" section but now there are 2 entries for each song (presumably one set from the first time the card was put in the device and the second set from the recent insertion of the card). When you click on one entry it plays when you click on the second entry it does not play, When I remove the card none of the songs play (obviously because the sd has been removed) but the list still appears, how can I collectively remove this list instead of deleting the songs one at a time ( which would take forever) surely there must be a file somewhere on this device where this list is stored, it is not on the cloud as I have the internet switched off, the only way I can see of doing this is to do a factory reset and then reloading the sd card and then downloading all the apps that I had on the device ( which have been removed through the reset). Any ideas?
why did you reformat the card ? it was clearly in the right format, what seems to have happened is you have wiped the contents but left a index on the device or even o0n the SD card ? it is picking the non existent music up with or without the SD, if with out its clearly on the device

dont know where to start, put another music player on and see if that picks up the fantom list, or install ES file manager and go through the files till you locate the list file and delete it. buy a new card and start again, if the list disappears when you take the sd card out , might be a solution