Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Open with

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline phillro
16 Oct 2019, 09:08 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Open with

This post was last modified: 16 Oct 2019 09:08 AM by phillro.
I saved a video on my Fire 7, and opened in with the A+ Gallery video that comes with the app I use to access photos.  I was given a choice - to open with A+ or to open with Amazon photo.  I was also asked whether I wanted this choice to be one-off or forever.
I foolishly chose "forever",
I have subsequently discovered that this video does not run under the A+ reader, but does run under Amazon Photo.  How can I go back and undo my "forever" choice and change the way in which this video opens?
---
Offline jobo
19 Oct 2019, 10:23 AM | Post: #2

Thanked 9 times

RE: Open with

This post was last modified: 19 Oct 2019 10:25 AM by jobo.
(16 Oct 2019 09:08 AM)phillro Wrote: Wrote:  I saved a video on my Fire 7, and opened in with the A+ Gallery video that comes with the app I use to access photos.  I was given a choice - to open with A+ or to open with Amazon photo.  I was also asked whether I wanted this choice to be one-off or forever.
I have subsequently discovered that this video does not run under the A+ reader, but does run under Amazon Photo.  How can I go back and undo my "forever" choice and change the way in which this video opens?
dont know, I always press just this time, put another vid player on, I recommend vcl player and it will ask you to choose again. obviously choose just this time, at least until you know it works
Offline jobo
19 Oct 2019, 10:29 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 9 times

RE: Open with

(19 Oct 2019 10:23 AM)jobo Wrote: Wrote:  
(16 Oct 2019 09:08 AM)phillro Wrote: Wrote:  I saved a video on my Fire 7, and opened in with the A+ Gallery video that comes with the app I use to access photos.  I was given a choice - to open with A+ or to open with Amazon photo.  I was also asked whether I wanted this choice to be one-off or forever.
dont know, I always press just this time, put another vid player on, I recommend vcl player and it will ask you to choose again. ,( if not you can use vcl to access your stored vid and play it that way.)obviously choose just this time, at least until you know it works