Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Lack of free books.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline JohnCT Reading
12 Oct 2019, 08:02 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Lack of free books.

i have used Daily Free Books for some time. However of late they nearly all charge to buy. What have I done to cause this?
---
Offline T. R. Robinson Reading
12 Oct 2019, 04:34 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

RE: Lack of free books.

First, there has been a change in attitude among independent authors regarding the value of having their books available free. Many have opted for setting a low price. This is a fair move because they have put a lot of work, sweat and tears into their publications and deserve to reap some benefit, even if it is minimal. Despite this change in attitude several authors continue to offer books free for defined periods. It is just a case of watching out for their promotions. Second, some sites e.g. Smashwords.com have filters that enable you to search for free books. A further advantage with them is books are provided in formats to suit all devices. (Please note: I have no affiliation with the company expect as an author who publishes books through them and as a reader who obtains books (both free and paid for) through them.).
Offline JohnCT Reading
13 Oct 2019, 08:31 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Lack of free books.

RE, Many thanks for an informative reply.
---

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Crime
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Memoir; Biography; Autobiography; Biographical Fiction