Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Buying a new Kindle in France

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Bernegoue Reading The Diamon Age, Neal Stephenson
03 Sep 2019, 01:14 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Buying a new Kindle in France

Hi, My 9 year old keyboard Kindle has been playing up for a few weeks and has finally died today.   Cant switch on or off non of the keys respond so time to replace.
Amazon Uk will not deliver to France, so if I buy from Amazon France will I be able to set it up, changing language and keyboard to UK English and connecting to my UK Amazon account to buy books as I have done since living in France.  Will I be able to download all the collections of books to the new item.
Thanks for your help.
Offline Louise Warman Reading
11 Sep 2019, 09:17 AM | Post: #2

Veteran Member

Thanked 48 times

What I Read

RE: Buying a new Kindle in France

Hi - yes you can set up one bought anywhere for France.
I'm in France too - my first kindle keyboard was bought in the US  and when it died I replaced it with one delivered here from Amazon UK.
The Reluctant Expat (2018) http://authl.it/a6c
[Image: 51capRdasbL.jpg][Image: 51yKbM97VgL._SL95.jpg][Image: 515jzL-SaQL._SL95.jpg][Image: 518fGdBJ2kL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51uRGadd6NL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51kk%2BxPWk8L._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading:The Diamon Age, Neal Stephenson Last Book I Read:Vespasian Tribune of Rome, Robert Fabbri Favourite Genres:History/Classics/Crime
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Literary fiction, thrillers, travel, food & cookery.Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations