Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

THINGS BEHIND THE SUN - A NEW BOOK OF SHORT STORIES...HORROR...CRIME...ETC!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline ALAN ORCHARD Reading 'Rock and Roll is Life' by D.J. Taylor
22 Aug 2019, 06:45 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

THINGS BEHIND THE SUN - A NEW BOOK OF SHORT STORIES...HORROR...CRIME...ETC!!

Hi Folks,

Speaking as a reader, I always want to know what happens next. But I also want atmospheric writing that creates a mood and feeling that takes me into the world being described on the page. I want to invest my belief in the characters and the dramas that befall them. I am a busy person - we all are in this day and age. That's why short stories are golden nuggets: they have the potential to satisfy our literary curiosity in a single sitting.

I am not suggesting that short stories are the fast food of modern day literature - far from it! Short story writing is an art form. There is a delicate balance between the need for brevity, and the detail and content necessary for the reader to suspend disbelief and slip into that other world. As a writer that is what I try to achieve.This collection of short stories will take you away, and introduce you to a carnival of characters:-

�   A joy rider who gets more than he bargained for
�   An entomologist who finds that there are more to bugs than meets the eye
�   Avaricious Nazi memorabilia collectors who stumble upon a dark secret
�   A war veteran who just wants to be left alone
�   Scheming murderers and cheating lovers
�   A tribe of post-apocalyptic cannibals 

Here we have a mixture of horror, crime, and literary fiction: all atmospheric and haunting. Not all the stories in this collection are dark, but most of them are certainly lurking in the shadows, down in the far corner of the graveyard, where the nettles grow.

Follow the link below and enjoy!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TQDRXT6
---

Currently Reading:'Rock and Roll is Life' by D.J. Taylor Last Book I Read:'Snap' by Belinda Bauer Favourite Genres:Crime. Horror.