Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle worth it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Robinmalhotra
24 Nov 2018, 05:45 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 1 times

Kindle worth it?

This post was last modified: 29 Nov 2018 10:31 AM by Robinmalhotra.
Been thinking about a kindle for a long time. Never got one because I just prefer physical books.

I read an article recently about  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire kindles from a similar perspective i have. They said e-books are very cheap and when you find favorite books, you can buy physical copies.

I looked at the kindle library and most e-books cost more than the soft cover books???

I dont understand the point then other than convenience. Any suggestions would be nice.
Offline matt2000
24 Nov 2018, 07:17 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: Kindle worth it?

This post was last modified: 24 Nov 2018 07:19 PM by matt2000.
I've been using kindles for ages now I find them way better then real books, they are super light, you can have 1000s of books on the go ready whenever you want and you can now access the internet to watch your favourite movies also amazon have a huge discount today. check it out. https://amzn.to/2zoHv0T
---
Offline Louise Warman Reading
28 Nov 2018, 09:32 AM | Post: #3

Veteran Member

Thanked 48 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle worth it?

I've just bought my second Kindle, the first having turned up its toes after eight years and getting one initally was a really hard decision as I too adore physical books, indeed running bookshops was my thing until I moved abroad.
Yes, some new releases and best seller lists e-books can be the same price as the paperback, but there is an enormous catalogue of back list and classic titles that can be bought for pennies or often nothing at all. I have been slowing reading all those classics that I thought I should but rarely got around to! Plus there are many new and established authors who publish directly to the kindle and whose prices are much more competitive. This site, as well as many others provide daily emails of bargain titles.
The Reluctant Expat (2018) http://authl.it/a6c
[Image: 51capRdasbL.jpg][Image: 51yKbM97VgL._SL95.jpg][Image: 515jzL-SaQL._SL95.jpg][Image: 518fGdBJ2kL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51uRGadd6NL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51kk%2BxPWk8L._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Literary fiction, thrillers, travel, food & cookery.Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations