Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Keyboard Screen Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Robinmalhotra
07 Nov 2018, 10:36 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle Keyboard Screen Issues

This post was last modified: 09 Nov 2018 04:25 PM by Robinmalhotra.
Here is what is happening with my Kindle Keyboard . There is evenly spaced horizontal lines across the whole screen, sometimes it's worse than that. Sometimes a screen refresh gets rid of it, sometimes it doesn't. There is also long periods of time where it never happens, I can't reproduce it doing anything specific. I reset it to factory defaults and then it happened again (so I took the pic). Is my screen jacked? Is it possible it's the battery? It's long out of warranty, I assume it's not worth it buy parts and troubleshoot. Any ideas on what's causing it? 

Update: Well I ended up taking it apart, disconnecting the screen and reconnecting it. It remedied the problem for now. I'll see if it lasts. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Update 2: Well my Kindle became non-responsive when I went to go use it today. Held the power button and reset it and it is now working. Wondering if there is just a hardware issue.
---