Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Paperwhite loses brightness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline killer133
20 Sep 2018, 08:52 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 1 times

Kindle Paperwhite loses brightness

Now and again my Kindle Paperwhite will turn down the screen brightness of its own accord. This never happens when it's in use, but, for example,  if I shut the Kindle overnight and open up the next morning the brightness will have been turned down. Sometimes it's turned so low that I can barely see the options to select to turn the brightness back up.

Any ideas?

Steve
---
Offline T. R. Robinson Reading
23 Sep 2018, 03:26 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Paperwhite loses brightness

(20 Sep 2018 08:52 PM)killer133 Wrote: Wrote:  Now and again my Kindle Paperwhite will turn down the screen brightness of its own accord. This never happens when it's in use, but, for example,  if I shut the Kindle overnight and open up the next morning the brightness will have been turned down. Sometimes it's turned so low that I can barely see the options to select to turn the brightness back up.

Any ideas?

Steve
I always make a point of completely signing-out before closing. Beside anything else, saves battery power. Perhaps the decreasing brightness is the Kindle's automatic way of trying to save power. Regards, T. R.
Offline killer133
23 Sep 2018, 05:57 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 1 times

(23 Sep 2018 03:26 PM)T. R. Robinson Wrote: Wrote:  
(20 Sep 2018 08:52 PM)killer133 Wrote: Wrote:  Now and again my Kindle Paperwhite will turn down the screen brightness of its own accord. This never happens when it's in use, but, for example,  if I shut the Kindle overnight and open up the next morning the brightness will have been turned down. Sometimes it's turned so low that I can barely see the options to select to turn the brightness back up.

Any ideas?

Steve
I always make a point of completely signing-out before closing. Beside anything else, saves battery power. Perhaps the decreasing brightness is the Kindle's automatic way of trying to save power. Regards, T. R.
Thank you for the reply. As I wrote my post I thought, "It may be that I@m only shutting the cover and not powering off. I've started powering off now and it doesn't seem to have done it. I'll keep a keen watch and report back.

Thanks again!

Killer
---
Offline T. R. Robinson Reading
24 Sep 2018, 05:55 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

(23 Sep 2018 05:57 PM)killer133 Wrote: Wrote:  
(23 Sep 2018 03:26 PM)T. R. Robinson Wrote: Wrote:  

Any ideas?

Steve
Thank you for the reply. As I wrote my post I thought, "It may be that I@m only shutting the cover and not powering off. I've started powering off now and it doesn't seem to have done it. I'll keep a keen watch and report back.

Thanks again!

Killer
Good. Always frustrating when things do not seem to work properly.

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Memoir; Biography; Autobiography; Biographical Fiction