Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle on Holiday

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
07 Apr 2011, 04:26 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Kindle on Holiday

It's coming up for holiday season, so I thought it would be interesting to see if I could get everyone to post a holiday snap of their Kindle in whatever exotic location. Extra kudos if you have KUF on the screen Big Grin

I'm off to Cyprus in a few weeks so I'll try to get some decent pics.

Post your pics in this thread stating the location please.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline daveb Reading Bed by David Whitehouse
07 Apr 2011, 08:10 PM | Post: #2

Who ? ... Me ?

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle on Holiday

(07 Apr 2011 04:26 PM)Lou Wrote:  It's coming up for holiday season, so I thought it would be interesting to see if I could get everyone to post a holiday snap of their Kindle
Hi Lou,

Do you mean spring/summer hols in general or Easter weekend?

I'm off to Italy soon but not until early May when I'm accompanying a WWII veteran on a visit to war graves around the Rimini area of Italy. A quiet week, trying to make his visit comfortable and fulfilling (if those are appropriate terms). I don't have 3G to get KUF on the screen but may be able to have something 'suitable' on the screen for such an occasion.

Dave B.
We parted company my Kindle 3 & me Sad but I now have a new friend called Kindle 4 ...... smaller & cuter Heart
07 Apr 2011, 08:22 PM | Post: #3

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Pretty much any holiday I guess Big Grin I was thinking summer holidays at the time (it's the lovely sunshine today that made me think of it).
Offline premiump Reading Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
09 Apr 2011, 09:24 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(07 Apr 2011 04:26 PM)Lou Wrote:  It's coming up for holiday season, so I thought it would be interesting to see if I could get everyone to post a holiday snap of their Kindle in whatever exotic location. Extra kudos if you have KUF on the screen Big Grin

Egypt-bound tomorrow morning, lets hope the 3G works as it should! Clapping hands

Pete
Offline townie Reading The Paper Moon by Andrea Camilleri
09 Apr 2011, 09:51 AM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Just back from France on the 5th so too late for that visit. Off to Dorset in June so I'll get some then.

Regards Mike
Online joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
09 Apr 2011, 05:18 PM | Post: #6

Official KUF Reviewer and Interrogator

Thanked 122 times

What I Read

Me and my kindle are on a Caravan Club site in a very small village called Pandy (halfway between Abergavenny and Hereford). We come here at the same time each year and normally it snows / hails / hurricanes / rains. We don't quite know what to do as it's glorious (apart from site outside and drink champagne Clapping hands )

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
09 Apr 2011, 05:20 PM | Post: #7

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(09 Apr 2011 05:18 PM)joo Wrote:  Me and my kindle are on a Caravan Club site in a very small village called Pandy (halfway between Abergavenny and Hereford). We come here at the same time each year and normally it snows / hails / hurricanes / rains. We don't quite know what to do as it's glorious (apart from site outside and drink champagne Clapping hands )

Love that photo, Joo! Your Kindle looks like it's having a great time on holiday. Big Grin
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Daphne Reading Off The KUF Volume One
09 Apr 2011, 05:38 PM | Post: #8

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 34 times

What I Read

Nice picture, Joo!Smile
09 Apr 2011, 06:10 PM | Post: #9

Administrator

Thanked 72 times

What I Read

Lol superb !!!
Offline townie Reading The Paper Moon by Andrea Camilleri
10 Apr 2011, 08:33 AM | Post: #10

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Hi Joo, you've picked a great time to come to the area weatherwise. We live about 20 miles south of the site in Newport. Hope the weather stays good for you. Don't forget market day in Abergavenny on Tuesday.

Regards, Mike Kindle Smile

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Bed by David Whitehouse Last Book I Read:The Most Beautiful Thing by Fiona Robyn Favourite Genres:EclecticFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson Last Book I Read:61 Hours by Lee Child Favourite Genres:Sci-fi/fantasy/thrillers
Currently Reading:The Paper Moon by Andrea Camilleri Last Book I Read:The Patience Of The Spider by Andrea Camilleri Favourite Genres:Crime and Humour
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Volume One Last Book I Read:I Like You For Murder: Emily Nemchick Favourite Genres:Eclectic ReaderFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations