Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Lots of stores in US selling ereaders now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Michelle Muto Reading
03 Apr 2011, 02:38 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Lots of stores in US selling ereaders now

Target is selling the Kindle.

I went into Best Buy today and saw that they're selling the iPad, the Sony ereader, and Nooks!

I think more and more households will have one - or two by the end of the year. In another couple of years, do you think there will be many houses without an ereader?

In our house, I think we've bought one physical book over the 10 months we've put the Kindle app on our iPad. We buy a lot of ebooks now.
The Book of Lost Souls: Young Adult Urban Fantasy
Don't Fear the Reaper: Young Adult Horror
Amazon UK
Michelle's blog
Twitter
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
03 Apr 2011, 10:16 AM | Post: #2

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

RE: Lots of stores in US selling ereaders now

I think the pricing of the actually Kindle is much better now, in the UK they are £111 or £152. so they are approaching the point of an impulse buy and of a very nice gift price range. If they could get under the £100 mark it would be even better.

I had never seen one before which was my main reluctance towards buying one, but as soon as I did see one I bought one and absolutely love it. When my daughter saw mine she also bought one and I've just bought another one for my partner as a mothers day present off the kids. Having them available at retail outlets is a massive advantage to Amazon as people can now see what they are buying so I'm sure many more people will shortly be joining the club.
Offline Partizanmeister
03 Apr 2011, 10:18 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

Getting more widespread in the UK now. Been in tesco for a while, but also saw them for sale in Staples too.
"Mostly Harmless"
Offline SylvieB1984
26 May 2011, 06:02 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

I think that in the next 5 years most households will have e-readers or some type of ebook. It is so convenient being able to get a book so easily. I think it can also be a great way to encourage reading.
Offline r j askew Reading
17 Dec 2011, 01:09 PM | Post: #5

Swift One

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(03 Apr 2011 02:38 AM)Michelle Muto Wrote:  Target is selling the Kindle.

I went into Best Buy today and saw that they're selling the iPad, the Sony ereader, and Nooks!

I think more and more households will have one - or two by the end of the year. In another couple of years, do you think there will be many houses without an ereader?

In our house, I think we've bought one physical book over the 10 months we've put the Kindle app on our iPad. We buy a lot of ebooks now.
Offline r j askew Reading
17 Dec 2011, 01:18 PM | Post: #6

Swift One

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

It's brilliant to be a part of this revolution in reading. People will still love special pbooks and will probably cherish certain books much as some now cherish vinyl records. But the trend to dematierialisation is great. Who needs to box up a thousand cheap paperbacks whenever they move house? I wonder how the Beatles song Paperback Writer might be were it written now?

And will ebook writers, myself included, still be producing front covers that look like pbook covers in years to come? Surely some other form will emerge. In a few years we will forget about pbooks and a discussion like this will be a quaint piece of history. Hurrah for the ebook revolution! Kindleistas rule! Down with old publishing!

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:YA UF, Horror, Fantasy, UF, Paranormal
Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:A brilliant turn of phrase.