Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Deleting old Guide from Home Page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline EAreader
26 Mar 2018, 10:28 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Deleting old Guide from Home Page

Hi, just got my new Paperwhite from Amazon yesterday so still very much learning to do.
Somehow I've acquired 3 User Guides which show up on my Home page. One shows a silhouette of a reader under a tree. Also I have a 5th Edition Guide and an 8th Edition Guide. As my device is a new one I assume that it's an 8th Edition model. Try as I may, I cannot get rid of that 5th Edition Guide. How do I do that?
Reg
---
Offline mummycool1 Reading [=The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond=]
09 Apr 2018, 12:34 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Deleting old Guide from Home Page

I've just looked at mine and I have one without a number, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. When I long press on one some of them give me the option to remove from collection or device but one of them doesn't. I'm not sure why as to be honest I don't think I've ever even opened them. I just have mine stuck in a collection named reference books out the way. It may be worth signing into Amazon on a laptop/pc and go to your devices and content in there and and see if you can delete it that way.
Gilly x Reading Kindle
Offline EAreader
09 Apr 2018, 01:44 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: Deleting old Guide from Home Page

Thanks Gilly for looking into this.

I signed into my Amazon account on my PC. The 5th edition that is on my Kindle doesn't show at all on my account and, confusingly, the 8th edition user guide shows as a 7th edition user guide !! The best that I can do is to delete these guides from my Kindle although they still show up if I press All in the menu. That will do for me, I think.

Reg
---

Currently Reading:[=The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond=] Last Book I Read:[=The Child by Fiona Barton=] Favourite Genres:Crimethrillers/police procedurals Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations