Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Probably a stupid question. ....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline KP99 Reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams
28 Jan 2018, 07:58 AM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Probably a stupid question. ....

My old trusty Kindle is showing signs of old age (next page button sticks, battery life falling etc). I cannot complain as it has been going for years, but if I upgraded to a Paperwhite how does it work with all the books I have downloaded? ?
I have many downloaded that I use for reference, and could not go through the process of downloading again...... or is it somehow linked to the log on details? ?
Any assistance from people who have done this before would be greatly appreciated. 
As I said at the start, probably a stupid question. .........
---
Offline Campbell
28 Jan 2018, 10:29 AM | Post: #2

Half an author

Thanked 119 times

What I Read

RE: Probably a stupid question. ....

If you bought them all from Amazon, they'll be tied to your Amazon account and should sync up automatically (assuming you have sufficient licences - some mostly non fiction texts have a device limit).

If you didn't buy them all from Amazon, you'll want to rip the lot using software like Calibre to store on your PC, and then drag/ drop to put them on your new device.
[Image: 51YPll8aSYL._SL95.jpg][Image: 511Oot9VglL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51uI-baUdXL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ywvzwaQmL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ieTL%2BUsNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51WbQpEWcYL._SL95.jpg]
Offline KP99 Reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams
28 Jan 2018, 02:01 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Thank you for the  speedy reply.

All from Amazon so should be synchronised. ....
---
Offline mummycool1 Reading [=Closer by K.L. Slater=]
04 Feb 2018, 03:56 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(28 Jan 2018 02:01 PM)I went from a Kindle Keyboard to an all new Paperwhite just over a year ago and it was really simple. Just register to the same account and synch and it should put it all on to the new one for you, I think it even kept my collections from what I recall. You'll love the Paperwhite, I love mine and it goes to all my apts with me! Enjoy!KP99 Wrote: Wrote:  Thank you for the  speedy reply.

All from Amazon so should be synchronised. ....
Gilly x Reading Kindle

Currently Reading:Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams Last Book I Read:The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists Robert Tressell Favourite Genres:Crime Mystery Social History Modern Classics
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:[=Closer by K.L. Slater=] Last Book I Read:[=Dead if you don't by Peter James=] Favourite Genres:Crimethrillers/police procedurals Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations