Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Is there any way to fix a tiny scratch on the screen?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline mummycool1 Reading [=The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond=]
23 Dec 2017, 03:09 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Is there any way to fix a tiny scratch on the screen?

I have unfortunately somehow managed to get the tiniest scratch in the top of my Paperwhite screen. It's not too distracting but I'm concerned it may spread over time. Any ideas on fixes or will I just eventually have to replace the whole screen? Thanks gang & Merry Christmas
Gilly x Reading Kindle
Online jobo
26 Jan 2018, 10:17 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 6 times

RE: Is there any way to fix a tiny scratch on the screen?

This post was last modified: 26 Jan 2018 10:21 PM by jobo.
And a happy new year!

A scratch won't spread, a crack might, but probably won't, I've known people polish light scratches out using mild abrasive such as a pencil rubber, tooth paste or solvo, not sure id bother ( or risk it)for one little scratch , wait to its badly scratched, then if it goes wrong you have lost nothing
Offline mummycool1 Reading [=The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond=]
27 Jan 2018, 12:44 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Is there any way to fix a tiny scratch on the screen?

Thank you so much Jobo and I hope the New year is treating you kindly. That's reassuring to hear so I'll probably leave well alone. Sound advice for sure!
Gilly x Reading Kindle

Currently Reading:[=The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond=] Last Book I Read:[=The Child by Fiona Barton=] Favourite Genres:Crimethrillers/police procedurals Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations