Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle – A real pain in the arms too?! A few more e-reader testers required

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Stu
06 Dec 2017, 03:04 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle – A real pain in the arms too?! A few more e-reader testers required

This post was last modified: 08 Dec 2017 03:52 PM by Stu.
I am on a quest to find some crash test kindle users. As I mentioned in The Lounge It came to me early in my tablet days that they weren’t actually so comfortable. Hard fold up stands just too difficult to get in the right position, wee pillow types even trickier when moving it and the tablet about.

So, I came up with and patented what is now known as tabpillö. Literally a tablet soft stand, tabpillö securely holds the tablet, allowing multiple angles of repositioning and greater comfort. Simply slide your eReader/tablet into tabpillö's window pocket and your eReader is secure. If you’re anything like me, cuddling up with your eReader in bed, or on the sofa for half hour or so, means a strain. Slipping that cumbersome literary gem into your tabpillö and for me the “pain in the arms” feeling literally disappear.

We’ve had some great feedback to date but I’m hoping to get in contact with 3 or 4 Kindle/eReader/7-8” tablet lovers to get their perspective on how and where they use their device, how long they spend on it and how they feel when using it. We’d also love feedback on what difference the tabpillo makes to their experience. We’re then aiming to move into a broader research phase with a reasonable number of participants to gauge the value and shortcomings of our beloved eReaders. 

If you wish to do a little e-reading and would like to be one of our test drivers for tabpillö, take a look at our website, pick your colour and then let me know you’re interested and we’ll get you started. We’re only a small team so first in, first served if you know what I mean.
Offline Campbell
06 Dec 2017, 03:48 PM | Post: #2

Half an author

Thanked 106 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle – A real pain in the arms too?!

Does it fit the Kindle Oasis 2017 edition?
[Image: 51YPll8aSYL._SL95.jpg][Image: 511Oot9VglL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51uI-baUdXL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ywvzwaQmL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ieTL%2BUsNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51WbQpEWcYL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Stu
06 Dec 2017, 10:49 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

Technically, no go. But the Oasis 2017's alternate size, 6mm wider the mini, can be secured in the tabpillo by making use of different standard sized windows - slingbacking. Having not seen the Oasis 2017 in the flesh, I mocked up the specs to get an honest clue. I've shown 3 types of material, the first on the left, Nero, is a black polyester weave which I think would be best at giving 3 sides support. Full Bloom, middle, is a lot lighter but holds it's shape well and Gene Jeanie does loosen up a little but i think would still hold up well. If you'd do me a huge favour and try one out I'd be more than interested in your thoughts

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Offline mummycool1 Reading [=She did it by Mel Sherratt=]
07 Dec 2017, 11:07 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 07 Dec 2017 11:22 AM by mummycool1.
Hi Stu, if you're after testers I'd be interested. I have the all new Paperwhite. I also have Rheumatoid disease which means I do find it extremely uncomfortable to get comfy to read, both on the sofa and in bed. I read every night and am currently propping mine on my spare v shaped pillow!! I had a look at the website and I'd be happy for you to e-mail me about testing one. I love the look of the Nero one for Paperwhite.
Gilly x Reading Kindle
Offline Campbell
07 Dec 2017, 02:28 PM | Post: #5

Half an author

Thanked 106 times

What I Read

Hi Stu,

I'd be happy to test it out, but I am shortly due to go away for Christmas so I couldn't guarantee comprehensive feedback this side of the holidays.

Sean
[Image: 51YPll8aSYL._SL95.jpg][Image: 511Oot9VglL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51uI-baUdXL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ywvzwaQmL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ieTL%2BUsNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51WbQpEWcYL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Stu
07 Dec 2017, 02:39 PM | Post: #6

Thanked 0 times

(07 Dec 2017 11:07 AM)mummycool1 Wrote: Wrote:  Hi Stu, if you're after testers I'd be interested. I have the all new Paperwhite. I also have Rheumatoid disease which means I do find it extremely uncomfortable to get comfy to read, both on the sofa and in bed. I read every night and am currently propping mine on my spare v shaped pillow!! I had a look at the website and I'd be happy for you to e-mail me about testing one. I love the look of the Nero one for Paperwhite.
Hi Gilly, thanks for your interest. Do you want to send your mailing details via private message and I'll aim to get that Nero tabpillo for a Paperwhite off today. All things being equal, as long as your not Shetland Islands way or the like you should have it tomorrow, Sat otherwise.

I look forward to getting your feedback as to how much difference it makes
Offline Stu
07 Dec 2017, 02:48 PM | Post: #7

Thanked 0 times

(07 Dec 2017 02:28 PM)Campbell Wrote: Wrote:  Hi Stu,

I'd be happy to test it out, but I am shortly due to go away for Christmas so I couldn't guarantee comprehensive feedback this side of the holidays.

Sean
That works out fine Sean, at least you'll get some time to enjoy a little reading. Don't think any of us will have time for comprehensive feedback, but if you do manage a couple of lines here and there on initial thoughts of the Slingback arrangement that'd be great, Otherwise it'd be good to get the full story once you've made it through the break. Please send me your address details via personal message and I'll get it off as soon as practical.
Offline mummycool1 Reading [=She did it by Mel Sherratt=]
08 Dec 2017, 10:37 AM | Post: #8

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(07 Dec 2017 02:39 PM)Stu Wrote: Wrote:  
(07 Dec 2017 11:07 AM)mummycool1 Wrote: Wrote:  Hi Stu, if you're after testers I'd be interested. I have the all new Paperwhite. I also have Rheumatoid disease which means I do find it extremely uncomfortable to get comfy to read, both on the sofa and in bed. I read every night and am currently propping mine on my spare v shaped pillow!! I had a look at the website and I'd be happy for you to e-mail me about testing one. I love the look of the Nero one for Paperwhite.
Hi Gilly, thanks for your interest. Do you want to send your mailing details via private message and I'll aim to get that Nero tabpillo for a Paperwhite off today. All things being equal, as long as your not Shetland Islands way or the like you should have it tomorrow, Sat otherwise.

Thanks Stu, I've PM'd you my details Smile
Gilly x Reading Kindle
Offline Stu
08 Dec 2017, 02:04 PM | Post: #9

Thanked 0 times

(08 Dec 2017 10:37 AM)mummycool1 Wrote: Wrote:  

Got that, ta. Issue now is how to pick your style. Not knowing you so well - ok, recommend books aren't the be all and end all in personal tastes - i'm thinking the Houndstooth or Nero might work best for you. Let me know, otherwise it's the Mystery Dip... S
Offline Stu
08 Dec 2017, 02:35 PM | Post: #10

Thanked 0 times

(08 Dec 2017 10:37 AM)mummycool1 Wrote: Wrote:  

Another quick one, want to confirm some details from your PM you sent, but it's saying you have Private Messaging disabled...

Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:[=She did it by Mel Sherratt=] Last Book I Read:[=The Caller by Chris Carter=] Favourite Genres:Crimethrillers/police procedurals Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations