Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Last Day Free: Burners “My candle burns on both ends; It will not last the night."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Bob Mayer
17 Jun 2017, 01:08 PM | Post: #1

Author

Thanked 9 times

Photo Last Day Free: Burners “My candle burns on both ends; It will not last the night."

This post was last modified: 21 Jun 2017 12:43 PM by Bob Mayer.
From the #1 science fiction bestselling author of Area 51, Atlantis, Time Patrol and Nightstalkers.
BURNERS 
“My candle burns on both ends;
It will not last the night.
But ah my foes, and oh my friends,
It gives a lovely light!”

It is now 30 days until Grace’s Deathday

That is the fate on the red card Grace was dealt at age six on Dealing Day. A burner. Her twin sister, Millay, was dealt a white card. A People. No Deathday.

For twenty years, the sisters have lived different lives. In different places.

Then there’s the wild card, Ryker, a burner, who has no memories of his own past.

In what was left of the world after the Chaos, mankind surrendered control to Dealer, a powerful computer that has kept society running for centuries.

But truths don’t come easy. And everyone and everything is not as they appear.

The mantra in following Dealer’s edicts: It is what it is.

Until today.

“Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world!”
[Image: th_PNSL%20cover_zpsuirjuwfw.jpg]  Are you prepared?  Prepare Now. Survive Later. The ultimate guide to preparing for emergencies & disaster the Special Operations way
Blog | Cool Gus | Website |
Offline Bob Mayer
21 Jun 2017, 12:44 PM | Post: #2

Author

Thanked 9 times

Exclamation Last Day Free: Burners “My candle burns on both ends; It will not last the night."

[quote pid=189043 dateline=1497704935]
From the #1 science fiction bestselling author of Area 51, Atlantis, Time Patrol and Nightstalkers.
BURNERS 
“My candle burns on both ends;
It will not last the night.
But ah my foes, and oh my friends,
It gives a lovely light!”

It is now 30 days until Grace’s Deathday

That is the fate on the red card Grace was dealt at age six on Dealing Day. A burner. Her twin sister, Millay, was dealt a white card. A People. No Deathday.

For twenty years, the sisters have lived different lives. In different places.

Then there’s the wild card, Ryker, a burner, who has no memories of his own past.

In what was left of the world after the Chaos, mankind surrendered control to Dealer, a powerful computer that has kept society running for centuries.

But truths don’t come easy. And everyone and everything is not as they appear.

The mantra in following Dealer’s edicts: It is what it is.

Until today.

“Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world!”

[/quote]
[Image: th_PNSL%20cover_zpsuirjuwfw.jpg]  Are you prepared?  Prepare Now. Survive Later. The ultimate guide to preparing for emergencies & disaster the Special Operations way
Blog | Cool Gus | Website |