Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Good news for indie authors - a new income stream coming soon!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Thanked 62 times

What I Read

Good news for indie authors - a new income stream coming soon!

Great news for readers and writers. Public Lending Right (PLR) has finally been extended to include ebooks

This complements the legislation passed in the Digital Economy Act 2010 which extended PLR to audiobooks and on-site loans of ebooks.  This means that authors will receive PLR payments for remote loans of their ebooks. The Digital Economy Act 2017 now completes the picture to ensure authors will receive their PLR payments for books and audiobooks, ebooks and e-audiobooks whether loaned in the library or remotely. With an increase in the number of loans of ebooks to around 4 MILLION this year this is not a moment too soon.
PLR will soon be updating their system for registering ebooks.  If you are an author and haven’t yet registered with PLR, you should to make sure you receive payments due to you. PLR for ebooks and audio books loaned remotely will apply to loans made after 1 July 2018.  Payments are due to be paid in arrears in early 2020. The rate of payment remains the same as for physical loans 7.82p/loan with a cap of £6,600.

More information here http://www.alcs.co.uk...
[Image: 51lGcTxrpHL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61cQVj4XWPL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51A4pL6ZSOL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51a-E7VaVdL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51nkdZv9gsL._SL95.jpg]
Twitter:  @ADPase
Offline nigel p bird Reading
26 May 2017, 05:25 PM | Post: #2

Posting Freak

Thanked 18 times

What I Read

RE: Good news for indie authors - a new income stream coming soon!

That's really interesting and thanks. I guess the main issue will be getting books to libraries in the first place. I have titles in libraries via Overdrive, which works on pay per sale rather than read. I'll definitely go over and check this one out. Thanks.
Thanks,

nigel

The Shallows

Thanked 62 times

What I Read

RE: Good news for indie authors - a new income stream coming soon!

I think there is a mechanism in place. My sister-in-law takes her Kindle to her local library and the librarian will download an eBook title for her. When payment comes through it will be pay per loan rather than pages read as with Kindle unlimited. I expect libraries are preparing for the digital future.
[Image: 51lGcTxrpHL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61cQVj4XWPL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51A4pL6ZSOL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51a-E7VaVdL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51nkdZv9gsL._SL95.jpg]
Twitter:  @ADPase

Currently Reading:Last Chance to Die - Noah Boyd/James Paterson Last Book I Read:Gods and Beasts - Denise Mina Favourite Genres:Thriller, Crime, MysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:crime, noir, hard-boiledFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations