Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Washed Out Cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline RossHarrison Reading Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb
24 May 2017, 12:31 PM | Post: #1

Author

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Washed Out Cover

Hi. I'm in the process of proofing the Createspace copy of my next book, and getting the cover to look right always seems to be an issue. This cover is more colourful than they have been in the past, so it's particularly important to get it looking as vibrant as I can. I was hoping for some advice on that.
My covers always come back from Createspace looking dull, faded, and washed out. Until now I have simply upped the brightness a little, and perhaps tweaked vibrancy and things in Photoshop, but it hasn't really got around the problem as well as I'd like. Has anyone found a way to get the covers looking right? I have tried both RGB and CMYK, and it only really affects how light or dark it comes out, nothing else. I use the PDF settings that Createspace suggest, but they seem a bit out of date.

Thanks Smile

Currently Reading:Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb Last Book I Read:Thud! by Terry Pratchett Favourite Genres:Science fiction, fantasyFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations