Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Collections on two devices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Musiclover Reading Coral Island :)
18 Apr 2017, 02:05 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Collections on two devices

My Husband has a Kindle, I then got one and I download through his Amazon account, and I set up collections on mine, and the same collections appeared on his!  I don't know if this is normal.  He doesn't want MY collections (and books) appearing on his home page.  Is this normal or is there a way I can delete my collections from his Kindle?  I did try deleting them from his, and they disappeared from mine too!  It took me an age to reload my Kindle with all my precious books, and they reappeared on his again!  Sad
Lynne Whistle
Online joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
18 Apr 2017, 06:32 PM | Post: #2

Hedgehog

Thanked 224 times

What I Read

RE: Collections on two devices

I'm sure that the collections belong to the kindle account now, rather than the kindle itself.
You are going to have to be creative about naming the collections.
What kindles do you have? On my paperwhite I can not show various collections, but a book needs to be in a loaded collection to be tidied away.

I'd do the following:
Have a Lynne collection and a MrLynne collection that has yours and his books in them.
Then you can sort out your own books into your own particular collections.
On your kindle, you'd not load up his individual collections, but you would have MrLynne collection on there.
Hedgehogs are waking up now, so put some water and seeds out for them, they'll reward you with a calling card.  
While you are at it, water and feed the birds too. Thumbs Up And come and talk about it at GardenWildlifeUK

Currently Reading:Coral Island :) Last Book I Read:Perking the Pansies - Jack Scott Favourite Genres:
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations