Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Paperwhite won't charge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline bettyom
26 Jan 2017, 01:56 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle Paperwhite won't charge

My Kindle Paperwhite isn't charging. The battery level is low but not critically low and when I connect to a power source, the battery indicator light goes amber for about 10 seconds and then changes to green. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting many times with the same result always. I also tried charging through the computer and this hasn't worked either.
I'd appreciate any advice on how to solve this issue.
---
Offline l_macd
02 Feb 2017, 04:22 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 11 times

RE: Kindle Paperwhite won't charge

Are you charging it with a power adapter plugged into the wall socket? Any charging problems and the recommended course of action is to charge it with a wall charger (try a different charger/cable if needed) and leave it for a long charge of 12+ hours. Ignore the colour of the charging light. Reboot it after the long charge (press and hold power button for 20-30 seconds) and then plug it back in and check on the charging light/battery indicator to see if its made any difference.
Offline bettyom
02 Feb 2017, 05:13 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

RE: Kindle Paperwhite won't charge

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am charging it with a power adapter plugged into the wall socket. However, as you suggested, I have changed to another adapter and the same thing has happened - the light changes from amber to green after about 10 seconds. I should have mentioned in the original post that a battery charging indicator is not coming on at all, even when the light is amber at the beginning.
I will let it plugged in overnight and see what happens.
Thanks again.
---