Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Life After Coffee!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline virginiafranken Reading Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes
10 Jan 2017, 09:31 PM | Post: #1

virginiafranken

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Life After Coffee!

Life After Coffee is Virginia Franken's stonkin' new book published by Lake Union (Amazon imprint)!

So what's it all about then? 

When globe-trotting coffee buyer, Amy O’Hara, assures her husband—who stays at home to watch the kids—that it is He Who Has it Harder… she doesn’t really believe it. That is, until the day she gets laid off, her husband decides to devote all his waking hours to writing a screenplay and she discovers she’s actually the world’s most incompetent mother.

Amy’s only possible salvation is to find another high-flying job as quickly as possible, but with the coffee industry imploding around her—and the competing buyers in her field being much hipper prospects—things look pretty dire. Even if Amy does manage to find full-time employment ever again, as her life slowly becomes more and more entwined with her children’s, how will she be able to bear leaving them to travel for weeks on end?

When salvation appears in the form of a movie mogul ex-boyfriend who wants to employ her husband and rekindle their relationship, Amy starts to find she’s sorely tempted…

Life After Coffee hit the number one spot in humor in Oz just after it came out in November and stayed there all month!

Here's what peeps are saying: 

“I loved, loved this book. The world needs more of these kinds of books. It’s funny and fast-paced; it’s great!” —Theresa Alan, New York Times bestselling author of Who You Know

“Laugh-out-loud funny, startlingly poignantly, and eminently relatable. I loved every minute of Life After Coffee.” —Kate Hewitt, USA Today bestselling author of the Hartley-by-the Sea series

“Only a truly talented writer can make you laugh out loud at disasters waiting to happen. Virginia Franken is that writer. Her light touch and her warm and engaging voice make Amy’s story a joy to read. Life After Coffee is witty and heartwarming all at once and as addictive as the bean itself.” —Hope McIntyre, author of How to Seduce a Ghost

“Hilarious, original, and poignant. Virginia Franken’s debut is a perfect blend.” —Barbara Bos, managing editor, Women Writers, Women's Books

Hope you enjoy!
---
Offline alan zacher Reading
21 Nov 2017, 09:15 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Life After Coffee!

(10 Jan 2017 09:31 PM)virginiafranken Wrote: Wrote:  Life After Coffee is Virginia Franken's stonkin' new book published by Lake Union (Amazon imprint)!

So what's it all about then? 

When globe-trotting coffee buyer, Amy O’Hara, assures her husband—who stays at home to watch the kids—that it is He Who Has it Harder… she doesn’t really believe it. That is, until the day she gets laid off, her husband decides to devote all his waking hours to writing a screenplay and she discovers she’s actually the world’s most incompetent mother.

Amy’s only possible salvation is to find another high-flying job as quickly as possible, but with the coffee industry imploding around her—and the competing buyers in her field being much hipper prospects—things look pretty dire. Even if Amy does manage to find full-time employment ever again, as her life slowly becomes more and more entwined with her children’s, how will she be able to bear leaving them to travel for weeks on end?

When salvation appears in the form of a movie mogul ex-boyfriend who wants to employ her husband and rekindle their relationship, Amy starts to find she’s sorely tempted…

Life After Coffee hit the number one spot in humor in Oz just after it came out in November and stayed there all month!

Here's what peeps are saying: 

“I loved, loved this book. The world needs more of these kinds of books. It’s funny and fast-paced; it’s great!” —Theresa Alan, New York Times bestselling author of Who You Know

“Laugh-out-loud funny, startlingly poignantly, and eminently relatable. I loved every minute of Life After Coffee.” —Kate Hewitt, USA Today bestselling author of the Hartley-by-the Sea series

“Only a truly talented writer can make you laugh out loud at disasters waiting to happen. Virginia Franken is that writer. Her light touch and her warm and engaging voice make Amy’s story a joy to read. Life After Coffee is witty and heartwarming all at once and as addictive as the bean itself.” —Hope McIntyre, author of How to Seduce a Ghost

“Hilarious, original, and poignant. Virginia Franken’s debut is a perfect blend.” —Barbara Bos, managing editor, Women Writers, Women's Books

Hope you enjoy!
Can't wait to read!

Currently Reading:Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes Last Book I Read:Moranifesto by Caitln Moran Favourite Genres:Chick lit; upmarket women's fiction; literary fiction
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:horror; murder/mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations