Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Announcing the Self-Publishing Wiki (plus wiki fiction)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
23 Sep 2016, 12:38 PM | Post: #1

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

Announcing the Self-Publishing Wiki (plus wiki fiction)

You know that secrect, upcoming project I've been banging on about? Well now it's here!

Behold, the Self-Publishing Wiki!

http://bookhippo.uk/self-publishing/wiki

It's a new resource for authors, written and kept up to date by you, its target audience.

Although there are only a few articles at the moment (some of which are incomplete), the idea is that it will grow as more and more authors climb aboad.

Just like Wikipedia, anybody can edit the pages of the Self-Publishing Wiki and I hope you'll help me write content and keep it up to date.

As far as I know, this is the first self-publishing wiki and I'm hoping it will become a definitive resource.

Reasons to get involved:
- the warm fuzzy feeling of helping others
- improving the wiki will lead others to get involved, who may write articles you benefit from
- books by authors who make meaningful contributions are automatically advertised on the pages they work on (provided you add the books to your profile)
- each page has a prominent contributor list, which will help shroud you with an air of authority
- there are still some paid opportunities for some topics (please let me know if you're interested)

I have disabled anonymous contributions because I was worried the wiki would get vandalised by spammers and people who distribute pirated books. However, it's very easy to sign up and if you have a BookHippo.uk account, you will be automatically signed in to the wiki the next time you log into BookHippo.uk.

What was that about fiction?

I thought it would be fun to devote a page to a story that anybody can add to or edit. If it's popular, we can create more.
Crowd-Written Story
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
24 Sep 2016, 03:49 PM | Post: #2

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

RE: Announcing the Self-Publishing Wiki (plus wiki fiction)

This is very nice, thanks Rosen.
I have muddled through a couple of edits, and just trying to think how to word another couple. Stop me if you don't want any more just now!
[Image: C15Mdg7JBaS._SL95.png]  [Image: B1hPVOedslS._SL95.png]
Offline Jonathan Hill
24 Sep 2016, 08:17 PM | Post: #3

Author

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

Well done, Rosen and contributors! Will have a good read when I get chance. Apologies again for not having the time to contribute.
[Image: 51w2OgUyUJL._SL95.jpg]

A Surprise for Maureen - out now!

Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
24 Sep 2016, 10:19 PM | Post: #4

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

(24 Sep 2016 03:49 PM)cecilia_writer Wrote: Wrote:   
I have muddled through a couple of edits, and just trying to think how to word another couple. Stop me if you don't want any more just now!
I've just looked at your additions. Thank you very much for this. you've used the wiki exactly how I'd hoped people would use it - building on each other's knowledge.

And I love your contributions to the story! I'll have to have another turn!
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]

Author

Thanked 391 times

What I Read

Looking good! Well done.
New for May 2017

[Image: 51QQl4j3AWL._SL95.jpg]

The Church of Broken Pieces

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Comedy; Crime, thrillers and mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mystery; historicalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Third Rule (The Complete Story) by Andrew Barrett Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations