Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Comedy Book Week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Matt5ki Reading
14 Jun 2016, 12:21 PM | Post: #1

New to this sort of thing

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

Comedy Book Week

I'm part of Comedy Book Week, it's running from 16-23rd July and wondered if any authors of humour/comedy would like to get involved. I'm going to run a number of interviews over the week with authors and wondered if anyone here would like me to interview them?

If you have a recent book you'd like to promote, then let me know and if you'd like to return an interview with myself that would be great. The Hashtag on Twitter/Facebook etc is #ComedyBookWeek and all will be re-tweeted and shared. Humour is not one of the major genres people look to so we're looking to give a little promotion to those authors who either write mainly in that genre or have books in that genre. even if you write other things.

I have one space filled already for the organise with one or two places. If so, let me know. Let me know which book you'd like me to ask you about and I'll send you lots of questions.

Out Now!
[Image: 51FxumiGWGL._SL95.jpg]
The Bumpkinton Tales: Volume One, in paperback and on Kindle.

Offline Nick Temple
14 Jun 2016, 12:59 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Comedy Book Week

I'm definitely up for being interviewed - it sounds like fun. I've got 5 comedy books out so far with a 6th due on 22nd June and I'm always happy to talk comedy.
Author of the Dennis and Francois misadventures in which two grumpy old sods get into farcical scrapes, and the British Empire Space Service series which features comical adventures from the other side of space.

[Image: 61oOcJLb6mL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 61UKctyLXkL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 61jyp4rqOsL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 61W4vDmHLRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51eRL8Pm4bL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51HTcLG2loL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Matt5ki Reading
16 Jun 2016, 11:26 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

Hi Nick

First up you'll need to add your books to the event. If you go to Ana Spoke's website below, message her with your details and ask if you can be added to Comedy Book Week Smile Interviews are with people whose books are involved, so once you're added then you'll be part of it Big Grin

https://anaspoke.com/
Out Now!

Offline Matt5ki Reading
29 Jun 2016, 03:09 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

Hi Nick, have you submitted one of your books to Comedy Book Week? I still have room for interviews that week but it needs to be a book that's part of the event Smile

If anybody else would like to be part of it, just go to http://www.anaspoke.com and find the comedy book week thread and request to add your humour book. Also, if anybody would like to interview me as part of it, feel free, you don't need to be part of the week to interview me, I'll just need to know the date between 16-23rd July you plan to post it on your site/blog as there is a list of dates for reviews and interviews being compiled Smile
Out Now!

Offline Nick Temple
04 Jul 2016, 08:59 AM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I've submitted my details and three of my books are now on the site
Author of the Dennis and Francois misadventures in which two grumpy old sods get into farcical scrapes, and the British Empire Space Service series which features comical adventures from the other side of space.

[Image: 61oOcJLb6mL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 61UKctyLXkL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 61jyp4rqOsL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 61W4vDmHLRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51eRL8Pm4bL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51HTcLG2loL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Matt5ki Reading
04 Jul 2016, 10:02 AM | Post: #6

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

Great! Send me a PM with your email address and which book you'd like me to focus on and I'll send you the interview soon Smile
Out Now!

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson Reading Haven't got a Kindle. A big pile of books.
11 Jul 2016, 11:34 AM | Post: #7

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 68 times

What I Read

I have three of my books on the site 
Smile
[Image: 51Jsj8BKT7L._SL95.jpg][Image: 61n%2BNqMHfRL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51tQNACHaQL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61YRPOlI-aL._SL95.jpg][Image: 516yhJDUG%2BL._SL95.jpg][Image: 615coUqLeML._SL95.jpg][Image: 51Ygt0kwwXL._SL95.jpg]
[Image: 616JvN8uAQL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Matt5ki Reading
11 Jul 2016, 11:42 AM | Post: #8

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

(11 Jul 2016 11:34 AM)Jan Hurst-Nicholson Wrote:  I have three of my books on the site 
Smile

I have one space for an interview if you'd like it? Just send me a PM with your email and let me know if there's any one of the books you'd like me to concentrate on. I'll do all three, but if there's one you're looking to promote more let me know Smile
Out Now!

Offline Matt5ki Reading
15 Jul 2016, 07:00 AM | Post: #9

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 15 Jul 2016 07:01 AM by Matt5ki.
Here's the latest news on #ComedyBookWeek

Even if you're only a reader you can get involved by choosing some books from the list on the website and leaving a review and sharing around social media or a blog of your own. Just let the author know and it will help boost the humour genre.

Chuffed to be part of it. No idea what it will do for sales, though somebody has bought all 4 single Bumpkinton releases this morning, though the collection would have been cheaper and has a bonus story, but I'll gladly take somebody buying the single releases separately Big Grin

There's more on my website: https://matthewdrzymala.com...

Or you can check out: http://www.comedybookweek.com
Out Now!

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 68 times

What I Read

There are now over 100 books that are FREE or DISCOUNTED until the promo ends on 23rd July.
 https://comedybookweek.com/
Don't miss this opportunity to pick up a bargain Smile
[Image: 51Jsj8BKT7L._SL95.jpg][Image: 61n%2BNqMHfRL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51tQNACHaQL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61YRPOlI-aL._SL95.jpg][Image: 516yhJDUG%2BL._SL95.jpg][Image: 615coUqLeML._SL95.jpg][Image: 51Ygt0kwwXL._SL95.jpg]
[Image: 616JvN8uAQL._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:HumourFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Haven't got a Kindle. A big pile of books. Last Book I Read:Fiennders Abbey by Jean Marsh Favourite Genres:family saga, mystery, humour