Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Any runners out there?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline runner Reading Summit Harry Farthing, Mr Mercedes Stephen King
28 Mar 2016, 01:29 PM | Post: #1

junior kindle junkie!

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

Any runners out there?

Running is good for the body and mind and on my web site I have a few pics of my love of books and running. I am a member of a local running clubhttp://www.bittonroadrunners.co.uk and partake in numerous 10k's and half marathons throughout the year.....gets a little harder as I am now 60 but should hopefully wind a few more prizes this yearClapping hands
Offline Mads Sorensen Reading A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter
28 Mar 2016, 02:57 PM | Post: #2

Author

Thanked 176 times

What I Read

RE: Any runners out there?

I run a couple of times a week, though I'm no natural and can't say I like it too much. But I had to stop playing football twelve years ago and needed something to replace this enjoyable pursuit. It's an easy way of keeping reasonably fit, and I feel good afterwards. I prefer to suffer in silence and don't do competition. Keeping both feet off the ground is enough of a challenge for me. 

I'm an outdoor, no-tech runner, unlike this sad bloke:
http://www.theguardian.com...
[Image: 41rhkIGNKiL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51mqDt327EL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51c7sKtKbeL._SL95.jpg]
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
28 Mar 2016, 04:35 PM | Post: #3

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

I was a champion sprinter in my teens (bet you didn't know that!) but that was a loooong time ago. These days I can barely walk, let alone jog or run.
C'est la vie! Wine1
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Daphne Reading Wanted by Tim Arnot
28 Mar 2016, 06:27 PM | Post: #4

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 89 times

What I Read

As far as I can recall I ran on two occasions in my life. Once was when my PE teacher yelled at me at school (she was pretty scary) and once when I was late for a bus that I really, really wanted to catch. But I do walk every single day, usually for a good few miles. There may be a couple of days each year when I don't walk, but usually I do come rain, shine, snow or gale, unless I am really poorly ( which is rare).
[Image: 51F7xHVzRlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51elwZ0zy4L._SL95.jpg]
Daphne Coleridge | Twitter
Offline runner Reading Summit Harry Farthing, Mr Mercedes Stephen King
28 Mar 2016, 07:05 PM | Post: #5

junior kindle junkie!

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

So just to prove I do run around the odd half...here I am all "focused" concentrating on the race to be run! It was a lovely warm Sept day at the end of 2014 in Chippenham and a race I shall be running again this year Wink
[Image: chippenham2014_zps06644a28.jpg]
Offline Jonathan Hill
28 Mar 2016, 08:28 PM | Post: #6

Author

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

I would like to run more actually (as opposed to running when I'm late) and I'm afraid the only 10k I come close to is as a word count. Keep up the good health, sir!
[Image: 51w2OgUyUJL._SL95.jpg]

A Surprise for Maureen - out now!

Offline Daphne Reading Wanted by Tim Arnot
29 Mar 2016, 07:24 AM | Post: #7

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 89 times

What I Read

(28 Mar 2016 07:05 PM)runner Wrote: Wrote:  So just to prove I do run around the odd half...here I am all "focused" concentrating on the race to be run! It was a lovely warm Sept day at the end of 2014 in Chippenham and a race I shall be running again this year Wink
[Image: chippenham2014_zps06644a28.jpg]
Very impressive!Thumbs Up
[Image: 51F7xHVzRlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51elwZ0zy4L._SL95.jpg]
Daphne Coleridge | Twitter

Currently Reading:Summit Harry Farthing, Mr Mercedes Stephen King Last Book I Read:Mark Billingham Time of Death Favourite Genres:horror and crime
Currently Reading:A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Pretty much anything, apart from RomanceFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading:Wanted by Tim Arnot Last Book I Read:I Like You For Murder: Emily Nemchick Favourite Genres:Eclectic ReaderFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations