Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle fire to tv

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Mattawest
11 Feb 2016, 10:04 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle fire to tv

Hello.

I have the kindle fire had 7 5th generation.

It doesn't have he micro HDMI socket only micro usb.

Has anyone been able to connect this to their TV?

Many thanks
Matt
---
Offline Jock
24 Mar 2018, 05:54 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: Kindle fire to tv

I have the same problem. Been told it cannot be done on 10th generation!!! Technology going backwards!!! ??? I have to use my Hudl 2 brilliant tablet compared to the fire. No google. No predictive text. Amazon have a lot to answer to. I would never recommend this fire to anyone. All it wants you to do is buy books and apps !!! Silk browser is a loss of rubbish!!!
---
Offline jobo
21 Apr 2018, 12:03 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 9 times

This post was last modified: 21 Apr 2018 12:45 PM by jobo.
(11 Feb 2016 10:04 PM)Mattawest Wrote: Wrote:  Hello.

I have the kindle fire had 7 5th generation.

It doesn't have he micro HDMI socket only micro usb.

Has anyone been able to connect this to their TV?

Many thanks
Matt
You can get a micro usb, to HDMI cable, I'm not sure if it will work, I haven't tried it, it probably will, it will however stream to a fire stick, a chrome cast( if you install the play store) and a mirror cast, or just about any android box . As a decent cable will cost nearly as much as a fire stick it does seems the best option
Offline jobo
21 Apr 2018, 12:43 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 9 times

This post was last modified: 21 Apr 2018 12:52 PM by jobo.
(24 Mar 2018 05:54 PM)Jock Wrote: Wrote:  I have the same problem. Been told it cannot be done on 10th generation!!! Technology going backwards!!! ??? I have to use my Hudl 2 brilliant tablet compared to the fire. No google. No predictive text. Amazon have a lot to answer to. I would never recommend this fire to anyone. All it wants you to do is buy books and apps !!! Silk browser is a loss of rubbish!!!
Whilst I agree that the Silk browser is only adequate, everything else you say is wrong, if you put Google into the Silk browser it will give you a Google page, you can down load a Google search engine from the apps store, turn on predictive text ,install any of the dozens of browsers you wish with Google as the search engine AND connect it to telly, 

It does seem that kindled are bought by people who don't understand computers, who then blame the kindle for their lack of understanding